S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

Dromo One Event (indoor cart racing)

Old 08-06-2001, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dromo One Event (indoor cart racing)

Last month someone started a thread about going to Dromo One and I said I was going to call them back because the first time I called them I had to leave a message. Well I never did call them back. I am sorry for not coming through, but I did call them today and here is the infomation that I got.

They can give us a Grand Prix group race which works like this

First we have qualifying races ( 6 laps) and the top finishers from each race go on to the Semi Finals.

In the Semi Final races (6 laps) the top finishers from each race go on to the Grand Finals

The Grand Final race is 10 laps and the top 3 finishers get trophies.

The Event is schulduled for September 29 and will start at 10:00 am and finish around 1:00 pm. It will cost $70.00 a person (covers the cost of the track, name tags, and refreshments) and a $40.00 deposit check will need to be sent to me, I am using my credit card as a deposit for the whole event, and the $30.00 balance can be paid on the day of the event at Dromo One. This event is limited to the first 25 people so if you are interested post so I can e-mail you my address. As I receive the checks, your name will be added to the list. Also I was hoping a couple of people could help me with organizing name tags, food, and beverages. And if anyone has any ideas for what we can do after the event please post them. In the event we cannot get 25 people by September 21, all the people that signed up will get a refund check and I will organize a smaller event for just those people.

If you have any questions about Dromo One here is their website http://members.home.net/holladayj/dromo1/w..._to_dromo_1.htm
Old 08-06-2001, 05:53 PM

Looks like fun, too early for me to say.
Old 08-06-2001, 07:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kuni, I'm there, but the price sounds wierd.

You can go anytime and for $20 you get 6 practice/qualifying laps and then a 10-11 lap race. So for $60 we ought to be getting about 50 laps and then another $10 for refreshments.

Oh, can you do paypal, or are the transaction fees to high?

UL
Old 08-06-2001, 09:16 PM

I'm in also, I've always wanted to see what those shifter karts can do!
Old 08-06-2001, 09:41 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing UL was saying up there.... It'd be nice if the price were more proportional.... That being said I wouldn't miss out on an event like this, so whatever it takes! I've done Dromo 1 three times before and I love that place. I can't imagine running against people I actually know other than my father! Put me down.... Email me and let me know where to pay (are you REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY sure that's how much it costs?) Thanks

Henry, they aren't shifter carts, but they have a pretty damn good power band for being 1 gear!
Old 08-06-2001, 10:02 PM

Well, less gears mean more time to concentrate on driving

It'd be nice if it cost a little bit less.
Old 08-06-2001, 10:20 PM

Sounds like fun! Can a San Diego stooker join you? I spent one day in karts down here and really enjoyed it.

I would be happy to be a "reserve" if you'd prefer and come only in the event that you didn't get enough people signing up from the LA area.

cal
Old 08-07-2001, 08:17 AM

I was thinking the same thing as UL also about the pricing. I know the last time he went, their group got a pretty good price on racing around. Keep me informed on the event.
Old 08-07-2001, 08:50 AM

I will call the woman that I talked to again about the price. I am just writing what she told me. It price breaks down like this

$65.00 per person for use of the track, carts, and gear.

$5.00 per person for name tags, bottled water, and snacks.

If people would rather not rent the entire place for the morning we can arrange a time to all meet there and get in the same run groups. I will post later to tell you what they said. And if that is better for everyone maybe we can it sooner too.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:48 AM

I`m there! Turned a 25.90 two weeks ago

Ryan

Quick Reply: Dromo One Event (indoor cart racing)