S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

Buttonwillow Track event - Jan 26 & 27th Registration now active!

Old 12-23-2001, 05:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, you've got a good friend there! We also had two women buy spots for this event as Christmas presents for their husbands about a month ago...an excellent gift I'd have to say!

We do have several guys from San Diego coming so far, but only one S2000 that I see, but maybe that's just your buddy. Hopefully Tfota and others will step up and make the drive
Old 12-23-2001, 06:51 PM
Zot

The S2000 from San Diego is me. My buddy is the one with the grey C5 Vette that went to Streets of Willow. He is also coming to Button Willow.

We are gonna have fun
Old 12-24-2001, 07:15 AM

I meant one other S2000 aside from you. There are several other C5's from San Diego coming, fyi

Yep, it's going to be a blast.
Old 12-24-2001, 12:13 PM

Zot, the other San Diego s2ker is me. We talked about the challenge at our Xmas drive the other night, but I don't recall anyone saying they would definitely participate.

I will be driving up on Friday 1/25, but staying until Monday, 1/28 (I'm also running on Sunday). Maybe we can hook up for the drive up, though.

I'm staying at the Motel 6 in Buttonwillow.

cal
Old 12-24-2001, 12:32 PM

I look forward to seeing/meeting you guys, Zot and Calc, at Buttonwillow. Looks like S2000s will be in the minority. Calc, your Kumhos should give you much confidence around the track. I will try to keep up, if I can!

Let's all do well!

Happy Holidays and a blessed Christmas and Hannukah to all.
Old 12-24-2001, 12:36 PM

Prolene, I won't be running with the Kumhos. I felt like I was being penalized too much for them and I may be doing some other traveling, so I'm not going to trailer them up there.

I may try the Kumhos at a later challenge. I'm still very much a novice as far as driving on the track is concerned, so don't know that they'd make that much difference for me.

I certainly hope we get enough s2ks to have a little competitive fun.

By the way, cthree's going, too, I see from his post on the other thread.

cal
Old 12-24-2001, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Zot
OMG!!!! Just got back from Xmas dinner/gift exchange with friends and my buddy gave me this track event for a gift!!!! I am STOKED to say the least. We went to Streets of Willow together and had a BLAST. This event sounds even more fun. I cant wait.

Any other S2K'ers going from San Diego area? Maybe we can drive up together. We plan on leaving Friday, staying Friday and Saturday night. Let us know and hope to cya there.
Yeah, I'm there. There should be at least 3 S2000's going up from SD and we'll hook up with some of the LA/Irvine guys as well on the way.
Old 12-24-2001, 03:36 PM
Zot

We plan on heading up on Friday as well cthree. Lets get together and drive on up

oh yea, anyone else notice the link to the event site is down?

http://www.wurthmotorsports.com
Old 12-24-2001, 10:50 PM

Team Irvine and SoCal members, wanna try this caravan thing to Buttonwillow 1/25?

cal
Old 12-25-2001, 06:04 AM

We've got 10 S2000's registered at this point, fyi. There will be good competition for this event, and we'll probably get more in the coming weeks.

Calc - I know the classing may seem rough on people with R tires, but they make a huge difference, even over S02's. I'd say they'll make a difference of 5 seconds a lap on this config at Buttonwillow, which is enormous. The other thing to consider in your strategy is that the fastest drivers (meaning the really serious guys) will be on race tires, so if you're new to this, the Stock 1 will be an easier class to be competitive in.

Quick Reply: Buttonwillow Track event - Jan 26 & 27th Registration now active!