S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Tan suede seat

Old 10-02-2011, 05:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tan suede seat

I need help finding a reliable, professional source that offers re-upholstering of the stock S2000 seats in Ultrasuede.
I have partly converted to a tan interior from a donor GPW AP2. I have never liked the slippery leather seats. They offer decent support but don't hold like Bride or Sparco racing seats. I certainly don't expect them to offer the lateral support of a racing seat but they would be a little better if they were Ultrasuede instead.
I used to have a Bride Zeta II seat in my AP2 but the thigh, side bolsters made it difficult to get into the car.
Now that I have an Ap1 NFR I always wanted to do the interior in tan. It will be an occasional auto x and track day car, eventually.
If I could get racing seats in cloth that matched Honda's light tan color I'd be happy too.
The problem that I have is not having a local source of material to go to with my interior to color match. Small swatches of material ordered over the Internet from various Ultrasuede suppliers doesn't help much as they are limited in upholstery weight material.

This is what I am looking for:
-A place that has the S2000 seat pattern so that I don't have to destroy one of my stock seats to make the individual patterns for each section of the seat. This way the replacement seat material will arrive at my door and all I do is remove the black leather and re-attach the new suede. Refering the photos attached, both seats are 8/10 or better. It would be a shame to cut one of them apart.
-A place that knows what shade of light tan Honda used for the S2000.(I know it's the same code as the NSX tan, YR167L)

There has to be a source somewhere that's already done S2000 seats in custom fabric and colors?
Attached Thumbnails Tan suede seat-tan-door.jpg   Tan suede seat-tan-interior.jpg  
Old 10-02-2011, 08:23 AM

Hi,

You can check out Clazzio seat covers. Several members have them and they seem to have good fit. Never used personally. But it's an option you can explore.

CroftonCustoms is a member (and sponsor I think) that does lots of custom interior work. I haven't used his services in the past but we're working on a project to recover Bride racing seats and he'll be doing it for us. We've found the leather, fabrics we wanted and let we'll Doug take it from there. Doug's a great guy and his interiors have lots of creativity. You can search for CroftonCustoms to find his threads. I recommend shooting him a PM.

JPM Coachworks is another option. Joe did the custom work on our interior and we couldn't be happier.

Hope this helps,
Old 10-02-2011, 01:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the compliments s2k4trouble! Im looking forward to doing your seats as well!

Reguarding to the first post and tan seats. It is going to be difficult to get an exact match of any type of material to the tan. OEM Honda materials have high copy rights to the colors and even aftermarket companies can get close but not exact.

It will not be difficult to make a whole new set of seat covers that will replace your origionals, you just need a few simple tools and some skills. I can send you a write up of how to disassemble and reassemble the seats if you want.

Are you looking for the enitre seat to be ultrasuede or just the OEM perforated inserts?

I recommend we talk over phone and by PM because there are a few factors that limit what you want to do.

hope to hear from you soon.

(im not a sponsor, just love helping out special s2k owners one at a time)
Old 10-02-2011, 03:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The clazzio covers are going to be your best option. I used to have them, they have the same sewing lines that the oem seats have. They fit so snug that no one will ever notice that they are covers. They quality of the covers are top notch for sure.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:03 PM

Thanks for the info.
I'm curious to know how the clazio covers attach to the oem seats without looking like "seat covers".
One of the main purposes of the change is to increase the grip I have while sitting in the seat. I'm not sure a cover will work.

"Regarding to the first post and tan seats. It is going to be difficult to get an exact match of any type of material to the tan. OEM Honda materials have high copy rights to the colors and even aftermarket companies can get close but not exact.

It will not be difficult to make a whole new set of seat covers that will replace your originals, you just need a few simple tools and some skills. I can send you a write up of how to disassemble and reassemble the seats if you want.

Are you looking for the entire seat to be Ultrasuede or just the OEM perforated inserts?

I recommend we talk over phone and by PM because there are a few factors that limit what you want to do.

hope to hear from you soon.

(im not a sponsor, just love helping out special s2k owners one at a time)"

^^
I have sewing and upholstery experience but certainly not at a professional level. I already have hog ring pliers and hog rings so I am quite familiar with how seat upholstery is accomplished. Several years ago I re-upholstered the entire interior of a GMC Tracker that I owned at the time. It turned out pretty good but was very easy since the bucket seats and bench seat in the back were very basic in design.
Last month I re-upholstered a Sparco racing seat I bought for $40.00 but was disappointed with my workmanship so it will become a gaming seat instead of going into my S2000.

What I am looking for on my OEM seats is full color change. I did some photo shop work ups and I think I like the entire seat Ultrasuede and one color but I can always re-assess this decision. Definately all Ultrasuede, but maybe black and tan?
I'll send you a pm, thanks
Old 10-02-2011, 04:26 PM

S2k seats are easay!!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:58 PM

UGh have you sewn them?! They are a bitch to sew together! As far as getting tan to match, its unavailable. The cars are made in japan, cant get the materials.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S2k seats are easy to sew once you have done a set.

There are tan materials out there, the hard part is ultrasuede.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:04 AM

I mean OEM materials are not available. Yes you can get close, just not OEM. The seat bottoms are easy, backrest are a PITA
Old 10-16-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by nextinstant39
UGh have you sewn them?! They are a bitch to sew together! As far as getting tan to match, its unavailable. The cars are made in japan, cant get the materials.
Yes, we've sewn them. They aren't bad. GT-R seats. Now those are a biotch!

Quick Reply: Tan suede seat