S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Seat Leather Replacement vs Seat Covers?

Old 07-20-2021, 06:50 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default No Response from Roadwire

I made a final attempt by phone to get information from Roadwire through their Customer Service. Like before, I got the initial automated menu. Once I made my selection, I was transferred and immediately heard "On Hold" music. After a few seconds I heard a ring tone, after a few rings I was back On Hold. Another few seconds, another few ring tones, then I was disconnected.

Even though the Website remains active, I'm not sure they are doing business. At least, I won't place an order if I can't get any response from the company.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That is bizarre and not a good sign. I might ring up my upholstery guy and ask him what's up since he uses them a lot.
Old 07-23-2021, 09:55 AM

Received 1,470 Likes on 1,086 Posts

Heard anything yet? Was considering Roadwire...
Old 07-24-2021, 10:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just waiting on my guy to call me back. He's a small shop and isn't open on the weekends, so I probably won't hear back until Monday. I'm certainly curious what the scoop is.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:20 AM

Never heard anything from Roadwire. As I posted before, I tried email, online Chat and telephone. I've decided to go with LeatherSeats.com. I was able to talk to customer service and received an email with local installers should I need them.
Old 08-24-2021, 05:40 AM

Default Ordered from Leatherseats.com

After agonizing over new leather for my '06 Suzuka, I finally pulled the trigger on Leatherseats.com. My biggest decision was between trying to keep the seats as close to original as possible or customizing them. Leatherseats.com doesn't have an exact color match to the OEM blue leather of my '06. After talking with a rep, I got numerous samples of their available blue leathers. I did find that I could order a blue (100% leather) that wasn't shown as an option in their standard color palate - Royal Blue. The sample looked good against the exterior paint, but is a lighter, brighter blue than the originals (I will admit my existing seats are faded, but I think the vinyl backs are close to the original color).

I decided to go with a custom option. I used the standard blue with mist (blue-grey) inserts. The lighter inserts should help in the North Texas heat.
Old 08-24-2021, 07:23 PM

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by jts09
After agonizing over new leather for my '06 Suzuka, I finally pulled the trigger on Leatherseats.com. My biggest decision was between trying to keep the seats as close to original as possible or customizing them. Leatherseats.com doesn't have an exact color match to the OEM blue leather of my '06. After talking with a rep, I got numerous samples of their available blue leathers. I did find that I could order a blue (100% leather) that wasn't shown as an option in their standard color palate - Royal Blue. The sample looked good against the exterior paint, but is a lighter, brighter blue than the originals (I will admit my existing seats are faded, but I think the vinyl backs are close to the original color).

I decided to go with a custom option. I used the standard blue with mist (blue-grey) inserts. The lighter inserts should help in the North Texas heat.
Do you have a photo of the final result? I've been contemplating this and curious what your best colour match was to the Suzuka- was it the Royal Blue? I've an '06 Suzuka as well.

thanks!
darcy
Old 08-25-2021, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by darcyw
Do you have a photo of the final result? I've been contemplating this and curious what your best colour match was to the Suzuka- was it the Royal Blue? I've an '06 Suzuka as well.

thanks!
darcy
No, I don't have photos yet. I have ordered my new leather and it will take 3-4 weeks to get it manufactured and delivered.

I wasn't able to find a match for my factory leather. In fact, since my OEM seats have faded considerably and are much darker than the backs, the closest example of the factory color is the vinyl backs of my seats. Of the available colors, standard blue (code 003) most closely matches the leather portion of my existing seats. Royal blue (code 601) is lighter than the original, but does go well with the paint. I decided to go a different route and order 2-color seats.

FYI - if you want leather in Royal Blue, you will have to call Leatherseats and talk with a rep. This color isn't available as an option on their website, but can be special ordered through a sales rep in 100% leather. I'd recommend talking to a rep to have samples mailed.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:07 PM

Received 358 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by jts09
No, I don't have photos yet. I have ordered my new leather and it will take 3-4 weeks to get it manufactured and delivered.

I wasn't able to find a match for my factory leather. In fact, since my OEM seats have faded considerably and are much darker than the backs, the closest example of the factory color is the vinyl backs of my seats. Of the available colors, standard blue (code 003) most closely matches the leather portion of my existing seats. Royal blue (code 601) is lighter than the original, but does go well with the paint. I decided to go a different route and order 2-color seats.

FYI - if you want leather in Royal Blue, you will have to call Leatherseats and talk with a rep. This color isn't available as an option on their website, but can be special ordered through a sales rep in 100% leather. I'd recommend talking to a rep to have samples mailed.
thanks for the reply. I really look forward to how your seats turn out!

darcy
Old 09-21-2021, 05:22 PM

d16tof22:

I've started the install on my passenger seat. I didn't have any issues getting the seats apart, old seat covers removed or replacing the seat base cover. I am struggling with getting the J clip at the bottom of the seat back fastened? Are there any tricks? There seems to be a very large gap especially when you have to fold under the back piece.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Seat Leather Replacement vs Seat Covers?