S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Need a little help with a part from soft top frame.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need a little help with a part from soft top frame.

There is a spring with a rubber casing on the outside, its located from the last soft top frame bar that latches to another point on the frame. Come to find out my driver side spring disconnected and my passenger side one is missing. I just ordered a passenger side spring and will attempt to install the spring on both sides once it arrives.

I'm having a difficult time trying to locate exactly where the spring latches on. I know the springs latch point on the last frame bar(one furthest to the rear) Not quite sure as to where it latches. I'll try to lower the top a little, but not sure if this spring serves an important function for the top to properly fold down. Don't want to risk the chance or ripping the top. I think the spring may push the soft top frame bar together when folding.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not really certain how the spring attaches. I groped the front portion, but couldn't identify much. I took two pictures of the driver's side for you.

The aft end of the spring attaches with the hook going downwards over the metal tab. Both sides were like that. When the top is closed, the spring is under tension. It might help to open the top a bit, perhaps until the front portion is at a 45° angle to reduce the tension when reinstalling.

The fore end of the spring connects to something directly below, as in closer to the ground, my index finger on this D-shaped metal bracket. I have no idea what it is, but I think I feel the spring go down and around at this point. Good luck.