S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Modifry Seat Belt Lock

Old 10-01-2011, 10:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Modifry Seat Belt Lock

I installed my modifry seat lock today and I'm quite satisfied. I didn't like the idea of cutting my glove box assembly for the switch so I put it in the trim with the vent behind the passenger seat. I can still reach it easily even with the seat back and if for whatever reason need it out of the car, I can more easily (and cheaply) replace the vented piece. I also preferred cutting the trim outside of the car vs. inside. More room to work, less chance of slipping and knifing something else, no plastic shavings all over the place. What do you guys think of the alternate location for the switch? I almost considered running longer wires from the switch down to the center console, but I went with this instead (less chance of accidentally hitting it, out of the way)

Old 10-02-2011, 12:25 AM

Received 3,540 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Switch location looks good, I have speakers installed in the exact same location as you have in those panels, lol.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Switch location looks good, I have speakers installed in the exact same location as you have in those panels, lol.
Best place to put them if you don't already have rear speakers. And I found another advantage to the location of that switch. My passenger cant flip to mess with me. Cause knowing my friends they would be
Old 10-03-2011, 08:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

subject says seat lock, what am I not seeing
Old 10-03-2011, 10:15 AM

Its electronic so you hit the switch and it locks via a magnet on the seat belt pre-tensioner
Old 10-07-2011, 06:39 AM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

I love the seat lock. It's probably added a second or so to my track times as I'm not constantly bracing myself against the door or center. I opted for the remote version and just keep that in my cupholder for easy access.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cyclon36
I love the seat lock. It's probably added a second or so to my track times as I'm not constantly bracing myself against the door or center. I opted for the remote version and just keep that in my cupholder for easy access.
I'm not sure if there is a way to upgrade to that version, but after seeing there isn't an option for that on the site, I'm sort of kicking myself for not doing that. For an extra 25 dollars it would have been well worth it.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread should be titled "Modifry Seat Belt Lock", not seat lock.

This product looks interesting, looks like it would help when autocrossing.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by J-Speed Inc.
This thread should be titled "Modifry Seat Belt Lock", not seat lock.

This product looks interesting, looks like it would help when autocrossing.
Changed the title. Didn't realize it would be confusing when I first wrote it.

But it does help with auto-x quite a bit. Kept me flat against the seat as if I had a full harness on.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered mine a few days ago, it shipped out within a few hours and took under two days to get from NC to WA! Installed it in about five minutes start to finish in the shop at work today. Absolutely love it! Works just as I imagined.
Only wish I had purchased it a LONG time ago!

I'm curious as to whether the RHD version will work for the passenger seat belt in a LHD? Would be nice to have your passenger experience the same feeling during spirited driving

Quick Reply: Modifry Seat Belt Lock