S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Interior loose ends (Fasteners and rear plastics)

Old 08-03-2020, 12:11 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Interior loose ends (Fasteners and rear plastics)

Hi

The last annoying things about my car to me focus on rattles.

Previous owner was a neanderthal who broke/lost easily half the plastic clips/fasteners in the car. I've spent a bunch of time trying to find sources for the interior fasteners in bulk and most of the links i've run across on here are old enough that they're broken now. I've sort of lumped my questions into three parts.

1) Clips/Fasteners/Pins: Is there a list somewhere that i'm missing of what these are all called and where to find them? I'm missing trunk carpet/panel pins, door sill plastic things, and some pins for the rear plastics

2) On the subject of rear plastics: My soft top is deleted (straight into the trash) and the rear plastics i'm struggling with. Specifically the upright middle trim piece. It doesn't.... fit.... between the two sides. Looks easily 1/2" too long, and no amount of forcing that i've been able to do so far has gotten it between and slotted into the side pieces how it appears to go. Am i doing something horribly wrong? (I can get pics)

3) I gather that there's a brace that goes under the rear "parcel shelf" that i am missing. Do the rear plastics attach to this in any way or just sit on it? If they don't attach directly to it, is there any harm in not having that piece? I don't have a soft top to support anymore.

Thanks in advance!