S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Di-Noc anyone?

Old 08-20-2010, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Di-Noc anyone?

saw the thread of the guy who went buck WILD and wrapped his whole interior and decided to do some slight touches of my own.

so, i liked to keep Honda's original styling in tact. so the parts of the center console and radio cover that were silver, i wrapped in silver Di-Noc. and the instrument panel surround that was black, i wrapped in black Di-Noc.

let me tell you, a big smooth rolling dashboard would be a cakewalk compared the all the complex combination bends and curves of the instrument panel.

the arm rest and radio door were SIMPLE. but the instrument panel...... extremely tough. took me about an hour and a half from start to finish. but i think it looks great. i would NEVER attempt to wrap that piece again. lol

spent 40 bucks on the material and this is how it turned out:

on with the pics!

UPDATED IN POSTS BELOW. Di-noc failed.
UPDATED IN POSTS BELOW. re-did the dash cluster.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice! Two questions: 1) where did you get the S2000 sticker for the radio door? 2) Can you post a pic of the radio door open?

Good job!
Old 08-20-2010, 04:00 PM

Thanks!

i got the sticker from a guy on ebay for like 2.50 shipped ;-)

ill post an open door pic tomorrow. it just looks like oem. i cut the silver where the silver piant stuff on the door ended.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:29 PM

Awesome -- found it. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2010, 04:07 AM

^ please note that the size he has listed is "close proximity" i actually measured the oem S2000 and it was slightly different. just write him and tell him you want it in the same size as a previouse buyer ordered it in. my ebay name is also teamvalorracing. he'll remember me. he asked if this was the exact size for the ap2. i guess he wanted to market them that way.

either way, just write him a message to confirm its the same as the one i ordered. :-)
Old 08-22-2010, 02:18 PM

Any tips on getting the vinyl to conform to the little circular indentions? Failed on my first attempt due to those things.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jumpman2k,Aug 22 2010, 05:18 PM
Any tips on getting the vinyl to conform to the little circular indentions? Failed on my first attempt due to those things.
the heat gun is your bff. i used a pencil's eraser along with the heat and it just conformed right to it.

you lay the vinyl across the door totally flat, heat it and gt all the corners done. and then after everything is good, heat the divots and push in with the pencil eraser or your pinky and hold it till it cools.

you gotta have the heat gun when working with this stuff. its what allows it to bend/conform/stretch/shrink.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:03 AM

that's looks like a pretty good job! where did you get your vinyl? thinkin about doing the center console myself
Old 08-26-2010, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by nte11igence,Aug 26 2010, 02:03 PM
that's looks like a pretty good job! where did you get your vinyl? thinkin about doing the center console myself
you can buy it from the 3m supplier directly at carbonfiberfilm.com

or, just look up "3m di-noc" in whatever color you want on ebay. there are sellers on there that have much better prices.
Old 09-13-2010, 04:23 PM

well, i have an unfortunate update:

the heat from the sun acted on the Di-Noc the same way the heat from the heat gun would, and over the last few hot weeks in Florida, the complex curves and bends have peeled up. i kept laying it back down and it seemed ok over night, but at 3pm the next afternoon, it was back to the same old thing; peeled up and looking bad.

so, i peeled it off and just painted the instrument panel trim semi-gloss black.

the center console and door have stayed and been free of hassle. guess its because of the simple and relatively flat surface.

so, i bet the guy with the full wrapped interior has had a bunch to peel up and take off. there's no way this will last on complex plastic curves with average summer heat on interior parts.

Quick Reply: Di-Noc anyone?