The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

XA's BACK IN BLACK!

Old 08-09-2009, 05:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back ! I used to Have an AP1 until a trailor truck and, gaurdrail took care of it. In 3 yrs i Got a 4dr SI. then i thought i just missed the convertible aspect of my s2k and got a 04 Audi A4 Cabrio. Nice car but, wow was it boring to drive. So I went out and found my affordable dream Car ....04 S2K GPW/ tan interior.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:42 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Looking good.....
Old 08-09-2009, 08:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice pick up! You don't realize how great the s2000 is until u are away for it! I haven't driven mine since April and it is amazing when u drive it!
Old 08-09-2009, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the welcome back.

DAYYYYYYYYYYUUUUMMMMM glad your back in the game mike... i decided to stay in the game
I was actually just about to drop you a PM because I saw that your FS thread was closed. Its great to see that you decided to keep it.

OOOOOO snapppp....... double OG, triple OG is back!!!!!!
lol... what's this nonsense with you selling your car? Don't do it or else 6 months from now I'll be posting the same response as you in your welcome back thread.

Congrats! How do you like the CR compared to the AP1 model?
You know, I have always been very biased towards the AP1 so I wasn't expecting too much to go along with the CR badges on the car, but let me tell you, whatever changes Honda made to the CR were definitely improvements over my last car. The combination of suspension tweaks with those sticky tires make the car feel like its on rails. The overall handling feels much more stable and confidence inspiring than my AP1 felt. Its very firm for stock (my AP1 with stock suspension felt softer), but it doesn't jump around like my AP1 did over uneven pavement at speed. I have only been driving the car for a week so I haven't been able to really push it yet, but my initial impressions are that it feels a little more responsive, has a lot more grip, and just feels more solid overall.

Also, I've always been an F20c fanboy, but the 2.0 compared to the 2.2 does feel a little anemic for everday driving. I always thought that the displacement difference was meaningless, but after driving both within a day or two of each other, I'll have to give the nod to the F22. This could just be because I'm coming from a car with almost 400wtq so I guess I got use to giving a car gas without downshifting two gears.

Overall, I will say that I'm very impressed with the CR. I always thought that it was just some strange bodywork slapped onto an AP2, but Honda definitely stepped the car up a notch IMO.

Congrats on the CR man!! cant wait to see what's in store for it.

let the modding begin!!
Haha, thanks.

Im probably one of the few that agree with you. My previous cars included a sleuth of European Power cars and the S2000 is a very fun and raw car to drive.

Very nice and good buy.
Were any of those Pcars by any chance? When I hear "sleuth of european power cars" I think of cars with the AMG badge and its complete lack of nimble-ness compared to the S2000. The only car that I can see upgrading to would be a GT3, but that's still some time away.

woooo nice!! cant wait to see this when ur finshed
Thanks bro, I love your car BTW.

congrats.. if you're tracking it this time.. i hope you'll consider supercharging it instead
You know, I was dead set on building a custom V-mount setup and figuring out how to keep this car cool at the track, but now I'm starting to definitely consider going the SC route just so that I can enjoy driving the car without having to be the guinnea pig to attempt to reinvent the wheel. I always felt that a SC'er felt very "boring" compared to a properly sized turbo setup, but for the purpose of tracking this car, I think that I'll end up enjoying a SC'er setup much more in the end.

congrat. on a new buy Michael, and no you are not delusional. Bmw is a more powerful and heavier car than s2000. It can not give you the raw response driving experience like the s2000. I was almost traded by baby last year for the new m3, but when I was on my way to the dealer. I could not resited the raw, engine noise and pure driving. Thus, I drove it back home. Anyway, s2000 is now a collectible car. I remembered that dealer, I was in Florida last week for vacation, I drived pass it.
Thanks... wow, its a small world, huh? They actually have another berlina CR at that dealership, but it has no AC or radio. I have driven the E92 M3 and it made my 335 with coilovers feel like a complete pig. My car definitely had a little more grunt to it in the midrange, but overall it felt like a slob compared to the M3. Still though, the M3 is way bigger and heavier so it can never attain that go kart feel of the s2k so I completely agree with you there. For a touring car though, I did enjoy driving the new M3. Its very easy to just hop in that car and start pushing it hard within 5 minutes of driving it.

Why did you pick up the car in Florida/South Florida?

Chris
Chris, I called just about every dealership who had a CR with radio and AC, and basically told them how much I was willing to pay and that I was ready to buy a car today, and Laura over at Pompano Honda was the only sales person smart enough to present my offer to the sales mananger and the rest was history. My closest semi-local dealership with a CR was around three hours away and they had an Apex Blue car, but they weren't willing to budge off $29,990 so I flew to Florida for the car.

Welcome back ! I used to Have an AP1 until a trailor truck and, gaurdrail took care of it. In 3 yrs i Got a 4dr SI. then i thought i just missed the convertible aspect of my s2k and got a 04 Audi A4 Cabrio. Nice car but, wow was it boring to drive. So I went out and found my affordable dream Car ....04 S2K GPW/ tan interior.
I believe with this car that you don't realize what you have/had until you sell it and move onto something else that is suppose to be an "upgrade," but doesn't even come close to providing the driving experience of an S. "Affordable dream car" is probably a good way to describe it actually.

Nice pick up! You don't realize how great the s2000 is until u are away for it! I haven't driven mine since April and it is amazing when u drive it!
Thanks... I completely agree. Why haven't you driven the car since April though? Is it under the knife?
Old 08-09-2009, 09:36 AM

u think it feels nice now??? put a 70mm exhaust and a intake on that puppy =) just these two mods make a world of difference on the 2.2
Old 08-09-2009, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The s2k community is pretty unique, and it only makes owning one of these cars that much sweeter. Also, after driving the car for the past week I can't believe that I sold my last one. There really is no other car for less than $100k that compares to the driving experience that this car gives you. Most people think that I'm completely delusional when I say something like that, but I honestly believe it. thumbsup.gif
Well said

Car looks great, look forward to seeing what you do to mod it.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:54 AM

Beautiful! One question....what are those floormats in your interior pic? It's probably a generic rubber mat, but it looks good. Where can I get something like that? Most of the generic ones I've seen are pretty far off the pattern of our cars.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yessss! welcome back
Old 08-09-2009, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by shamoo,Aug 9 2009, 12:54 PM
Beautiful! One question....what are those floormats in your interior pic? It's probably a generic rubber mat, but it looks good. Where can I get something like that? Most of the generic ones I've seen are pretty far off the pattern of our cars.
Funny you mention the floor mats because these are the 2nd set that I bought because I thought that the first set didn't fit the character of the car. These are just a cheap, $12 set from advance auto that are labeled as "economy" mats.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by 08s2000CRbackinblack,Aug 9 2009, 12:36 PM
u think it feels nice now??? put a 70mm exhaust and a intake on that puppy =) just these two mods make a world of difference on the 2.2
Well, compared to my AP1 that was boosted it feels a little lacking in the power department in a straight line, but the speed that it can carry through turns more than makes up for it.

I'm still debating what exhaust to go with. I would like to go with a single, but I don't want something that's obnoxiously loud. I would have ordered a J's 60 or 70RS, but it doesn't fit the '06+.

Quick Reply: XA's BACK IN BLACK!