The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

XA's BACK IN BLACK!

Old 08-08-2009, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XA's BACK IN BLACK!

Hey guys, it feels great to be back after taking a short hiatus from the S2000 community. After I sold my turbo AP1 I bought an E92 335i, and soon after got the itch to get into another s2k. Fast forward two years of missing my last car, I sold the 335, and just picked up a new '08 CR leftover. I had originally intended on buying a used AP1, and had my heart set on purchasing a GPW/red car, but after seeing what was available and the quality (or lack of it I should say) in the used car market, I decided to pull the trigger on a berlina black CR instead that I got a killer deal on.

Last Saturday I saw the car for sale online at Pompano Honda, put a deposit down that day over the phone, and flew there on Tuesday to pick up the car. 13 hours later it was at its new home. Having already built my next s2k in my head several times over before actually purchasing the car, I knew that this time around it was going to be purpose built for track days and HPDEs. I had planned on going with either a full J's or ASM theme (with a few mix and matched parts here or there) along with a custom V-mount turbo setup. However, since I purchased the CR I am really enjoying the car the way it is so I think my plans have changed.

With this build I'm going to focus on improving track performance while keeping the mods to a minimum. I'm thinking coilovers, lightweight wheels, some wide rubber on all corners, safety equipment, exhaust, and a few cosmetic tweaks here or there. Once I get some seat time under my belt I'll then look into my FI options at that point, but for the time being I just want to really enjoy driving the car. I'll start a build thread once I get the project rolling.

Finally, here are some cell phone quality pics to enjoy ...

My previous AP1...

My last car...

A short 2 hour flight and we arrived at the dealer...

I packed two rolls of painters tape to take with me ... the sales people at the dealership thought we were retarded for taping up a car that was just in the showroom, but it arrived back home without a single rock chip...

The finished product...

13 hours later it was in my garage...

All I can say is that it feels great to be back! The s2k community is pretty unique, and it only makes owning one of these cars that much sweeter. Also, after driving the car for the past week I can't believe that I sold my last one. There really is no other car for less than $100k that compares to the driving experience that this car gives you. Most people think that I'm completely delusional when I say something like that, but I honestly believe it.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:37 PM

DAYYYYYYYYYYUUUUMMMMM glad your back in the game mike... i decided to stay in the game
Old 08-08-2009, 05:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OOOOOO snapppp....... double OG, triple OG is back!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 05:47 PM

Congrats! How do you like the CR compared to the AP1 model?
Old 08-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

There really is no other car for less than $100k that compares to the driving experience that this car gives you. Most people think that I'm completely delusional when I say something like that, but I honestly believe it
Old 08-08-2009, 05:56 PM

aaah honda, the stuff that dreams are made of
Old 08-08-2009, 06:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the CR man!! cant wait to see what's in store for it.

let the modding begin!!
Old 08-08-2009, 06:13 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by XclusiveAutosports,Aug 8 2009, 09:32 PM
Most people think that I'm completely delusional when I say something like that, but I honestly believe it.
Im probably one of the few that agree with you. My previous cars included a sleuth of European Power cars and the S2000 is a very fun and raw car to drive.

Very nice and good buy.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

woooo nice!! cant wait to see this when ur finshed
Old 08-08-2009, 07:36 PM

welcome back!

Quick Reply: XA's BACK IN BLACK!