The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Why do I have a DD?

Old 11-23-2012, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate these type of problems. Can't stand people that park too close. I always park as far away as possible from anyone. But, as it's been proven, it doesn't always stop idiots from parking too close. I have a nice dimple just behind my driver's door that I'm guessing is from another car door.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:43 AM

i always consider getting rid of my beater daily, but then things like this make me remember why i have one, nice car btw
Old 11-26-2012, 01:17 AM

I can relate to a lot of what is said here. I'm the guy who parks away, but not TOO far away. If I see your nice car out there I will park near you or next to you depending on the situation.

You have to be weary of parking lots in general, such high potential for damage, defensive approach is best. Drive slow and WATCH OUT for crazies, they are everywhere and parking lots are a free-for-all for most. Take the end spot and hug it, back in far enough from keeping your nose out there exposed (most people pull in nose first and blindly back out later using the "hope for the best" approach) don't set your self up for failure by parking in manner that will have others constantly backing up towards your car. Don't park so far away from the rest that your car is out of sight and exposed for easy access to thieves. Lots of little tricks I'm sure you guys can relate with!

Now that I'm on the topic, I guess I consider myself a bit of a parking lot pro
Old 11-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

My biggest point of contention here is that so many other people (on the road, or in parking lots) don't give two shits about other people's cars.

People will pull in and park too close, or pull in and open their door with little care - banging it into the vehicle next to them. It's so irritating. You don't have to be OCD about your car like I am, but at least respect the property of others.

And in my case, this Buick owner was just being lazy and took advantage of the room I left when parking to avoid door dings. So often I wish I had the funds to higher a security guard to stand watch over my car while it is parked in various places, such as work or the gym.

People just don't give a fawk, and if putting machine guns in the fenders (and using them on assholes of the roads) ever becomes legal, I will be the first to sign up.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

I can see that parking police over here doesn't seem to mind dings I guess. Let me tell you something... If I didn't park like FearlesFife and by doing sogiving douch bags more room, my 135k+ AP2 s2000 from Boston would have been just one big ding.

This post is very clear, he parked to give other people more room so his baby doesn't get dinged, the other person parks next to him with his sh*t box to piss him off. It's as clear as day light.

Whether he was dinged or not, I can completely understand his frustration. People that defend "Proper Parking" clearly don't mind getting dings here and there or just haven't experienced the frustration. Or you could be "It's just a car" guy. Who knows.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:28 PM

op thinks like me
Old 11-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

My daily is a 186k mile 1992 Ford Taurus and I LOVE IT. I don't worry about where I park, however, I still respect other cars. Chances are, the metal is thick enough on this car that when someone hits me, it generally damages their car and not mine. I originally bought this as a winter car, but just got used to driving it for daily tasks.

When it comes to parking in corners with my nicer cars, I just slightly put my wheels over into the striped lines without allowing anyone else to get in, or give anyone a chance to ding me provided they stay in their spot.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:42 PM

you think thats bad?

Old 11-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 142 Likes on 113 Posts

^Park along the grass...
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 PM

This reminds me of when my neighbors at my apartment took both of my parking spots under cover that i pay for because we were having problems with them. So i parked behind both of there cars sideways and put a note on both there cars saying "i pay for these parking spots, please dont park here anymore, p.s. I work graveyard shift and will be up at 1pm to move my car for you" lol heard them banging on my door for about an hour yelling "we have to go to work, we're sorry". :rollsover: :snore:

Quick Reply: Why do I have a DD?