The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Why do I have a DD?

Old 11-16-2012, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a duffus... I hate people that cannot park
Old 11-16-2012, 04:46 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kmiami69
Originally Posted by Saki GT' timestamp='1353077620' post='22154920
I think your problem is you are pulling straight into the spot but leaving equal space on one side. Without taking two spaces, I place the rear corner of the car closer to the top of the other spot to keep this from happening. The car in the next space over has to clear the back of the car, so by the time they do, they are by default pushed away from the side of my car, if that makes sense.

Basically, park diagonally IN the spot so the back corner of your car forces the other car away from the side of the S.

On a side note, I've had assholes park their cars in my parking spot when I had my motorcycle in the spot, and that really pisses me off.
i do that too...still doesnt stop the retards />

You also have to be cognizant of how people will likely pull into the spot to force the separation. The pic with the Camaro is a great example of parking the wrong way so it's easier for the other car to park on top of yours!
Old 11-16-2012, 05:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had some guy in a Evo X parked really close to me at a local meet Seriously I was in the end and he had like 10+ parking spots open.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by award78
then assholes just park crooked like me. My car's an asshole magnet, no matter how far I park away at the grocery store there's always some asshole.
True i parked back of walmart in summer some asshole dents my driver side fender needs bodywork to fix it... Pissed me off.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

I think your problem is you are pulling straight into the spot but leaving equal space on one side. Without taking two spaces, I place the rear corner of the car closer to the top of the other spot to keep this from happening. The car in the next space over has to clear the back of the car, so by the time they do, they are by default pushed away from the side of my car, if that makes sense.

Basically, park diagonally IN the spot so the back corner of your car forces the other car away from the side of the S.

On a side note, I've had assholes park their cars in my parking spot when I had my motorcycle in the spot, and that really pisses me off.
i do that too...still doesnt stop the retards />

Another good example...People are so terrible.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:23 PM

I normally park in a corner spot with at least 2 tires on the zebra stripes to ensure that if the person swings their door open it wont hit my car, the ONE time i parked in between cars, I found a long crease in my door. I was so sad, I look at that ding every day and it reminds me to not be lazy and to park in a safe area.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this just happaned to me...
Old 11-17-2012, 12:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zhashmi
I normally park in a corner spot with at least 2 tires on the zebra stripes to ensure that if the person swings their door open it wont hit my car, the ONE time i parked in between cars, I found a long crease in my door. I was so sad, I look at that ding every day and it reminds me to not be lazy and to park in a safe area. /> />
This is litterally what I was about to post... but I feel your pain.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:25 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by YELLOW JACKET
This is why you should carry a quart of used motor oil in your trunk. pour it on the windshield. its a bitch to clean off and hard to see thru. won't hurt thier car but is a pita to get clean. makes a great parting gift!
Wow this is amazingly terrible...

i do that too...still doesnt stop the retards

Despite the other driver's inability to keep it completely in the lines, there's plenty of space for both of you to get in and out without dinging each other.

I don't mean to rain on the "all other drivers are assholes" parade but some of you are wound way too tight. The only time it's appropriate to do anything is if they've obviously dinged your car. Then you take down their license info and leave them a note letting them know you'd like them to take care of it, if not you'll take appropriate measures. Take some photos of the "scene" and then go on with your life. If it's really bad or you're capable of talking to them without screaming or acting like a jackass you could wait for them to come back out and talk to them directly.

If you're worried about people dinging your car, all you can do is park in spots that mitigate the risk. Don't get all pissy when someone parks next to you, it's a parking lot and they have as much of a right to park in any spot they choose as you do. If they don't ding your door and park close just chalk it up to someone who can't park and move on. If it's a habitual thing maybe leave a calmly worded note saying they usually park really close and you'd appreciate them giving some more space. Alternatively you can choose to park elsewhere.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:30 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ouhei
Originally Posted by YELLOW JACKET' timestamp='1353107139' post='22156112
This is why you should carry a quart of used motor oil in your trunk. pour it on the windshield. its a bitch to clean off and hard to see thru. won't hurt thier car but is a pita to get clean. makes a great parting gift!
Wow this is amazingly terrible...

i do that too...still doesnt stop the retards

Despite the other driver's inability to keep it completely in the lines, there's plenty of space for both of you to get in and out without dinging each other.

I don't mean to rain on the "all other drivers are assholes" parade but some of you are wound way too tight. The only time it's appropriate to do anything is if they've obviously dinged your car. Then you take down their license info and leave them a note letting them know you'd like them to take care of it, if not you'll take appropriate measures. Take some photos of the "scene" and then go on with your life. If it's really bad or you're capable of talking to them without screaming or acting like a jackass you could wait for them to come back out and talk to them directly.

If you're worried about people dinging your car, all you can do is park in spots that mitigate the risk. Don't get all pissy when someone parks next to you, it's a parking lot and they have as much of a right to park in any spot they choose as you do. If they don't ding your door and park close just chalk it up to someone who can't park and move on. If it's a habitual thing maybe leave a calmly worded note saying they usually park really close and you'd appreciate them giving some more space. Alternatively you can choose to park elsewhere.

Problem is that most of the time you won't notice a door ding until you wash the car next - unless someone has obviously parked REALLY close, then you look at the car before you leave, obviously.

For example, the worst door ding on my S2000 occurred at an autoX event. Was not there the day before, but after when I washed the car? Yeah. I would have NEVER expected to get one from my car being parked in the grid at autoX. Never.

Quick Reply: Why do I have a DD?