The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Why do I have a DD?

Old 11-16-2012, 05:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You didn't park right to begin with, and you're bichen about someone else (who didn't ding your car) parking wrong?

I do understand your frustration though. My car was mint when I got it two years ago and now covered in dings from shared parking in a townhome community,....at least 10, one of them irreparable. I've come to the sad realization that no one cares (in my area) about their own car let alone someone else's. Really sucks when you respect other peoples $hit and don't get the same in return. Sad that I'm considering moving because of this.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:53 AM

Received 214 Likes on 147 Posts

I think your problem is you are pulling straight into the spot but leaving equal space on one side. Without taking two spaces, I place the rear corner of the car closer to the top of the other spot to keep this from happening. The car in the next space over has to clear the back of the car, so by the time they do, they are by default pushed away from the side of my car, if that makes sense.

Basically, park diagonally IN the spot so the back corner of your car forces the other car away from the side of the S.

On a side note, I've had assholes park their cars in my parking spot when I had my motorcycle in the spot, and that really pisses me off.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

then assholes just park crooked like me. My car's an asshole magnet, no matter how far I park away at the grocery store there's always some asshole.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think fife parked like that on purpose to avoid door dings
Old 11-16-2012, 09:44 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by award78
You didn't park right to begin with, and you're bichen about someone else (who didn't ding your car) parking wrong?
X2
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by award78
Would I have to park in a manner that protects my car if other assholes didn't park/drive as illustrated above?

Didn't think so...
Old 11-16-2012, 10:29 AM

I've had the exact same thing happen to me in my parking lot at work TWICE, one with my S and once with my delSol.
Want to know the best part? IT WAS THE SAME WOMAN BOTH TIMES!!
I park in the exact same spot every day. It's an end spot with a curb on the other side. I park soooo close to the curb to give plenty of room beside the other spot.
I left a note both time. One saying it is that I don't appreciate her parking that close, signed it and even wrote down my dept name.
I got an email the next day saying "Duly Noted". Then a couple weeks later I come out to my car and it's the EXACT same situation, except it's my delSol in the spot. I left her another note saying "second and final warning". Never received an email from that one, but she doesn't park beside me anymore.
/mybaddayrant
Old 11-16-2012, 02:05 PM

This is why you should carry a quart of used motor oil in your trunk. pour it on the windshield. its a bitch to clean off and hard to see thru. won't hurt thier car but is a pita to get clean. makes a great parting gift!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT
I think your problem is you are pulling straight into the spot but leaving equal space on one side. Without taking two spaces, I place the rear corner of the car closer to the top of the other spot to keep this from happening. The car in the next space over has to clear the back of the car, so by the time they do, they are by default pushed away from the side of my car, if that makes sense.

Basically, park diagonally IN the spot so the back corner of your car forces the other car away from the side of the S.

On a side note, I've had assholes park their cars in my parking spot when I had my motorcycle in the spot, and that really pisses me off.
i do that too...still doesnt stop the retards

Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You left too much room... IMHO.

Quick Reply: Why do I have a DD?