The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Why do I have a DD?

Old 11-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Why do I have a DD?

I work for a large company, and often our parking lots are packed (over 5,000 employees at our main location), making the task of locating a parking spot difficult...especially if you arrive any later than 8:30 am.

I am usually one of the first 30 or so cars in the three lots closest to my building, arriving by 7:30 every day. The last couple weeks, the weather has been great here in Kansas City and I have been taking my S2000 to work. For the most part, I always grab the same parking spot because it is extra wide, and on the end of a row, which I love because door dings aren't a worry. The downside is it means I park a full city block from the building I work in.

It is ironic that today I took a couple of pictures of the car immediately after parking. Here is the car parked this morning after arriving at work:

But then, after work:

Essentially, the jackass owner of this Buick did not care to search for a parking spot and/or did not want to find a spot any further away and add to his/her walking distance to the building. The result is TWO cars parked in the SAME parking stall.

Fortunately for this car's owner, I had just finished puking in our bathroom and was headed home to rest - otherwise I can't say what I would have done - given that the stupidity that is provoked within many people while behind the wheel of a car is one of my biggest peeves.

The good news is we have security on our company's campus that will love to see the above picture, along with the picture I snapped of the Buick's license plate, and address the owner directly - because all license plates have to be registered in an online system to receive a parking permit.

I think most non-gearhead people would say, "It's just a car, what's the big deal?". Well, the 'big deal' is that the situation is not a matter of cars - it's a matter of respecting other people's property - and not driving/parking like a complete asshole.

EDIT:
Forgot the note I left for this person...

Old 11-15-2012, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a jerk off
Old 11-15-2012, 04:36 PM

did he ding you?
Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Vinsfeld
did he ding you?
Thankfully he did not. Or he would have had four flat tires.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:43 PM

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

That would set me off too. Most people just don't get it. Car is beautiful by the way.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Mark355
That would set me off too. Most people just don't get it. Car is beautiful by the way.
Thanks Mark.

Not gonna lie, I peep out the windows while at work often - both on my '12 Si and the S2000 to see who parks in the vincinity just in case. You simply can trust other people.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FEEL YOUR PAIN! hate assholes like that. happens to me quite often. i always park where i can keep an eye on it. like you, i don't trust people.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I always worry about this too.. I always park in the garage and when I'm about to head out I always give a quick walk around the car to see if everything looks in order lol.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:32 PM

I do the same thing at work. If anybody would have the balls to ding me i would kick a dent in their door.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:01 PM

Happens to me at school, go to a downtown school where you either get free parking 20 mins off campus or pay $325 every 3-4 months. I park for free and our lot is our hometown baseball stadium (you can imagine the narrowness of the spots). Some jerkoff put a quarter sized dent in my driver door, I get to look at it every time I get into my baby now.

Quick Reply: Why do I have a DD?