The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Went to Italy, France, and Monoco

Old 07-17-2007, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to Italy, France, and Monoco

I'm still in High School and each year the school hosts a tour to a country. Last year was France and the year before that was to Spain. This is the first time I've been on the trip and I went with my girlfriend. The chaperones that went were a few of my best teachers. most of them were english teachers witch I enjoy most of the time.

The flight to Munich from Dullas was about 8.5 hours, but more like 10 with customs, passport stamping, baggage, and saying goodbye to parents. Then we had another plane from Munich to Rome Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport. That plane ride was the worst plane ride of my life. The pilot said slight turbulance but we were hitting our heads on the celing and I am not going to lie to anyone here - I lost my lunch. She wasn't so impressed haha.

Enough Talking already, were are the pictures!!

Right here:
At Dullas Airport in a deli stand I thought this was hilarious:

At the Vatican:

OMG a buch of nuns!:

Anyone who's been to Europe looks forward to the Geloti (it's kinda like super-soft serve-ice creme):

The Shopping In Rome is excelent but expensive. The dollar is pretty weak there. If you bring 1million USD to Europe you would only recieve about 500k Euros. And the cost of a #9 at Mcdonalds is ~6.50E witch if you've done the math is about $9USD. Ouch! If you are going to spend money there is only one place to spend it. The Ferrari Store. I actualy didn't take a picture of the outside but I have plenty of pictures of the inside.:
Thats right. An F1 car inside.:

Check out the Prices on some of this stuff! If you are trying to figure out the USD At half of the original price to the cost of the Item and you have USD. EX: 10E = 15USD

In the same city we went to the Trevy Fountain and tossed a 20E cent in and made a wish. I'm not sure about my girlfriends but mine actually came true on the trip.
Here's the fountain:

After all this we went to the Colleseum and walked around. I tried to combine 3 pictures I took for a panorama picture but I couldn't really get the sky right. here it is anyway:

The next day we went to Siena and San Gimiano. Siena is a beutiful small city. My camera broke temperaraly while were here so I have to use my girlfriends pictures to show you (the cranes really wreck the pictures):

Next was a 1.5 hour bus ride to San Gimiano witch is a strange place although one of the best views. It has a tourcher museam acompanied by a death museam right up the road. Even stranger yet is that the most popular items were knives swords and guns. It was Seriously strange.:

At the same time we visited there was a weading taking place. look what drove up right outside the chaple:

This guy was just walking around San Gimiano contributing to the wierdness factor.:

We had only had 2 more stops in Italy one of witch is [I]The leaning tower of Piza[I]:

Then we went to this place witch I actually forgot the name of.
There are some amazing artists in this city.:

And some Amazing buildings:

After this stop we got on the bus for a 5 hour ride to France.
I cought this photo from the far side of the bus going around 80 MPH

I was even impressed with myself.
After staying the night there we proceded to Monoco. The best most beautiful city oon the entire trip in my honest opinion. A Picture of monoco bay.:

^^^ if you look quite hard the red car in the center middle of the screen is a Ferrari.:
So who remembers the Trevy fountain wish where I made my wish? well heres were it comes true.:

YEP thats right I was able to get into a Ferrari. There are tours were you can drive them for 90E witch is super cheap. Unfortunatly were on the last day and all of my money is spent =(. I was quite sad about that part but they did left me sit in it and rev the engine a little. So I was content.

The last part of our trip was to nice beach in france. I didn't bring my camera so your going to have to google it. but what you should be looking for is a beach full of rocks. I'm talking NO sand so if you see even a grain your looking at a different beach. It was painful and cold so that was just more of an experience then a pleasure.

After all of this we all go to the airport in NICE and fly to Munich again. Then from Munich we fly back to Virginia. I hope you all enjoy the pictures and the story in here. All comment are welcome. Also if you liked a photo I have high res one's if you ask.

Thanks for looking!
-Avernus
Old 07-17-2007, 03:56 PM

beautiful I hope I make it to italy one day. thanks for sharing.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice photo journal...kept me entertained for a few minutes. great experience . i've always wanted to go to italy...someday soon hopefully
Old 07-17-2007, 04:13 PM

Nice pictures. I like the leaning tower pictures.

I was in Milan earlier this year and they to have a Ferrari store that had four or five floors. I was amazed.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:17 PM

I just got back from France.
It was freaking hot there.
I went to England, Belguim, Holland, Germany, Switzerland, and France.
You're to go to Europe at young age.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:14 PM

Nice prictures! I would love to go to Europe and see all of those sites.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Avernus,Jul 17 2007, 01:45 PM
most of them were english teachers witch I enjoy most of the time.
looks like a great time. and i'm sure your english teachers would be proud.

and about the wish.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:54 PM

Wow, I gotta make it to Italy sometime.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by kent-k,Jul 17 2007, 08:37 PM
looks like a great time. and i'm sure your english teachers would be proud.

and about the wish.
haha yea sorry i had wrote this over a few days and just let spell check take over correcting everything. you know what i ment!
Old 07-17-2007, 06:33 PM

lol, j/k

Quick Reply: Went to Italy, France, and Monoco