The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Vinyl Wrapped my S2K

Old 12-06-2012, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dantediss
im actually going to be vinyl wapping my s in a few months once i get body work issues sorted out. im looking into satin black and olive drab, 1 or the other. i have taken apart the door handles on a few occasions now and believe me the one clip that holds the handle is the most sinister nefarious thing ever created so i feel your pain. only question i have is do you feel it would be easier to do the panels off the car over time like do the fenders one day , the bumper and hood the next then doors rear bumper trunk rear quarters etc etc, or did you find it best to try and tackle it all at once ?? im debating whether i should attempt to do this with my friend or just pay the money to have it done when the time comes
Lol, that clip is a major PIA!

I did a panel a day, each panel will test you in a different way and you'll be exhausted to want to do another. The pros do a whole side in one big sheet but I didn't want to do it like that because it made it easier to edge seal with the 3m 3950. Parts I took apart were Mirrors - disassembled into 2 pieces, fenders, handles, bumpers, antenna, tail and head lights, side diffusers. It's better to wrap then on the car with a bolt or two holding them in place during the wrap, once it's time to finish the edges remove the one or two bolts and pull the part to perfect the wrap around the edges. Try to minimize wrinkles on the edge wraps were it won't be seen because they will add points of failure later on.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by OZS2KCA
Saw it on Instagram as well (oz82027) />/> I always loved you car/build and now I'm just jelly! Jk so nice!!!!
Thank you Love your car and your photography skills bro. Always top notch
Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^thanks bro!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:53 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Holy crap. Looks perfect. How long will it last under normal usage?

By the way, refreshing to see someone rolling on CCWs that aren't classics or LMs. Also love the JDP parts. Dope ass ride.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mark355
Holy crap. Looks perfect. How long will it last under normal usage?

By the way, refreshing to see someone rolling on CCWs that aren't classics or LMs. Also love the JDP parts. Dope ass ride.
Thank you! They say 3 years with a car left outdoors, 7-8 years garage kept.

Lol, yeah LM20's and Classics have been over done thanks. Appreciate the compliments
Old 12-06-2012, 05:48 PM

Car looks excellent with that colour. Do you have a link to where I can purchase? I've been contemplating a wrap for a little while now. I'm not sure the one local shop I was thinking of using has that colour. I was thinking matte white, but the blue looks cooler. I do want to wait until I have found some AP2 bumpers though...
Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 PM

Got mine off eBay from same vender and cheaper than most sites. Start there.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by saaboteur
Car looks excellent with that colour. Do you have a link to where I can purchase? I've been contemplating a wrap for a little while now. I'm not sure the one local shop I was thinking of using has that colour. I was thinking matte white, but the blue looks cooler. I do want to wait until I have found some AP2 bumpers though...
Thank you.. Google Auto Vinyl Solutions - Tommy is a great guy to deal with. Good luck
Originally Posted by liquidtek
Got mine off eBay from same vender and cheaper than most sites. Start there.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:12 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

That looks awesome.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. that color and your car look great! Im impressed.

By the way, yes the door handles are a bit**!!!!

Quick Reply: Vinyl Wrapped my S2K