The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Video: Snow drifting, S2000 driving, GT4, etc..

Old 02-28-2007, 11:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by *JDM_Night.LIFE*,Feb 28 2007, 12:44 PM
hah nice vid man.

i agree. although its not the safest hting to be doing, i can't say that i havent done it!! haha.

in reality, its quite easy to control your car in the snow and ice, even rain. i find drifting to be the HARDEST in dry conditions because it take smore speed and power to initiate, and your tires also grip back into traction much more violentyl causing the possibility or snap oversteer or loss of control if you dont fully straighten out on the exit. people are always so freaked out about losing traction, but when i get snow i go out and drive to purposely lose it. you learn a lot about how your car will react under the different circumstances, and you can practice your countersteering at a safe and slow speed.

the biggest risk is really ****ing up your own car by hitting a curb.

looked fun!!

Snow lets you practice and experience the drifting at a slower rate. The countersteering and braking effects can all be done at slower speeds relative to dry road drifting. I've done the dry road drifting some...its a lot more risky...requires quicker reactions to countersteering and less room for error. I choose to drift in the snow and rain conditions more since it really saves me on tires which allows me to practice more. Dry drifting kills tires...and I don't have sponsors for tires.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by *JDM_Night.LIFE*,Feb 28 2007, 12:52 PM
btw, that wasnt the GTHD on the playstation 3 was it (the mitata drifting) ?? looked kinda like it, i have it. : )
Yes it is. That's a clip from my Miata drift run.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha very sweet. i love my ps3, we get to download free games like that one!!! havent gone though all the regular cars yet to get to the driftin mode.

i take it that you own Resistance:fall of man? if not GET it.

if so, whats your online name?!?! heheh we can play

BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE GOSH!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by *JDM_Night.LIFE*,Feb 28 2007, 01:18 PM
haha very sweet. i love my ps3, we get to download free games like that one!!! havent gone though all the regular cars yet to get to the driftin mode.

i take it that you own Resistance:fall of man? if not GET it.

if so, whats your online name?!?! heheh we can play

BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLE GOSH!!!
I've played Resistance: Fall of Man. Great Game. I haven't purchased yet...I know...what am I waiting for right?
I should get it, it's a lot of fun, but I've been playing Fight Night Round 3 online and just been doing the Drift Trials in GTHD and ranking myself on the online rankings. These two games have been keeping me busy.

I mostly play sports games and simulation games like Gran Turismo. First person shooters like Resistance is fun too. I don't know why I haven't purchased it yet.

I recommend you finish the regular cars and unlock the drifting mode in GTHD...that's where all the fun is.

My online PS3 tag is BreakerOhio. Get Fight Night Round 3 and we can box.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like alot of fun