The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Video: Snow drifting, S2000 driving, GT4, etc..

Old 02-28-2007, 05:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Video: Snow drifting, S2000 driving, GT4, etc..

Video title: Breaking Free

A video I will share here.

As I'm making videos, I keep questioning if I should just concentrate on one activity because I've got a mix of different things I'd like to share all at once, but then it's all mixed up and maybe the audiences watching would get confused with everything in it. So I've been thinking...hmm....I gotta be careful, BREAK out the clips into sepereate small films relavent to only that activity (ie. drifting, basketball, martial arts, video games). I find this to be the part that has consumed most of my time. I start out mixing all things I enjoy together, but then it's all a lot of content in one film and then it gets very long. Being the producer of it, of course I understand what it's about...but trying to think outside the box and from an audiences perspective I review the video mix and wonder if it's clear why certiain clips make it into a video. I put content about my other hobbies or pictures of other things into the video to sometimes tell a story that relates to the video...so you have to understand why there's breakdancing, or basketball in my videos along with driving, drifting, video games, and s2000. It's not just about S2000.

I wanted to show the contents to kind of give a timeline of events...and maybe be more of a videography or something. I hope others here will appreciate it.

Breaking Free Youtube video

Other similar videos:
S2000 Documentary
GT4 S2000 Tribute Video
Old 02-28-2007, 09:50 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You my friend have guts to be drifting that car on public roads in the snow/ice
Old 02-28-2007, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice vid! we need to get together sometime and take some pics.

Lol, that song (free bird) always reminds me of the game Guitar Hero II...
Old 02-28-2007, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Guedo512,Feb 28 2007, 10:50 AM
You my friend have guts to be drifting that car on public roads in the snow/ice

appreciate your comments, thanks for watching.

We all have to risk something to gain something. Drifting in the snow/ ice is very controlled if you initiate the drift at a reasonably safe speed, giving your self enough room to lose it if you end up having to bail out and do a 180.

I have assessed the risk involved. The locations where I'm doing the drifts and when they are done I am aware and purposely choose to only drift when it sends me away from others to avoid harming anyone...if I should lose control. I have been drifting for a while now, I trust myself and am familiar with the road. I seek empty intersections and open parking lots to practice and avoid grief to anyone else on the road. I wouldn't advocate others do it, I do it because it's one of the things I enjoy doing and feel comfortable doing in control....and really I would love to be able to practice somewhere...but it's not available in my area. SCCA doesn't advocate drifting, and there are no drifting events local here.

Some people race their cars, top speed runs, drag, on local roads, which in my opinion...the circumstances from these mistakes would yield greater concequences in comparision to the drifting I'm doing. I'm not Mountain drifting here...so it's not like falling off a mountian cliff, and it's not Tokyo drifting... I'm not drifting at high speeds, and I feel in a lot of control... yea I risk hitting a curb, but that is part of something I will accept if I do.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Teawins21,Feb 28 2007, 11:51 AM
Nice vid! we need to get together sometime and take some pics.

Lol, that song (free bird) always reminds me of the game Guitar Hero II...
Definately.
I need a camera man to film some outside footage.

That Guitar Hero II game is pretty addicting. I was watching my friend play and he got to the last stage, and that's where I heard the song.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:14 AM

Yeah, the game is VERY addicting.

How long did it take you to make that vid? it looks very time consuming.

Btw, was that you I saw on cleveland ave by the westerville rec center?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Teawins21,Feb 28 2007, 12:14 PM
Yeah, the game is VERY addicting.

How long did it take you to make that vid? it looks very time consuming.

Btw, was that you I saw on cleveland ave by the westerville rec center?
I started on it about a month ago. Then went out during the snow days to capture more clips to add to it. Some clips were from other times, and I already queued them into the video and just had places in the video where I held available for the snow clips.

Yea, I saw you on Cleveland Ave by the Rec Center. It was around 5pm, rush hour when people were getting off work. I was driving home and noticed your GPW and then could tell it was you in the car. Your car's looking good. What were you doing in the area? You work out at that rec center?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:44 AM

hah nice vid man.

i agree. although its not the safest hting to be doing, i can't say that i havent done it!! haha.

in reality, its quite easy to control your car in the snow and ice, even rain. i find drifting to be the HARDEST in dry conditions because it take smore speed and power to initiate, and your tires also grip back into traction much more violentyl causing the possibility or snap oversteer or loss of control if you dont fully straighten out on the exit. people are always so freaked out about losing traction, but when i get snow i go out and drive to purposely lose it. you learn a lot about how your car will react under the different circumstances, and you can practice your countersteering at a safe and slow speed.

the biggest risk is really ****ing up your own car by hitting a curb.

looked fun!!
Old 02-28-2007, 11:50 AM

i also agree that its not a good thing to do on public roads, but if you shoose an pen emptly lot or make sure you do it on intersections that are empty and at times when people wont be offended or harmed by it, its not detrimental to anyone ofther than your own car if you shoudl happen to suck. lol

we only have about 3 drift events a year in my area. not enough to practice at all. so unfortunately, it leaves little option. that and my car isnt totally ready to hit up the track how i would like it to be yet.

but really stay safe everyone, hopefully my comments or s2kBreaker's dont entice ricers. im just kinda saying this because it is something i have done and i dont want people to get the wrong impression about drifting or about me or anyone in general.

i knwo when you say the word "drifting" there is automatically a bunch of people on this forum who will think "bandwagon ricer" but thats not the case.

anyways, sorry to jack the thread. once again nice vid man. good song.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:52 AM

btw, that wasnt the GTHD on the playstation 3 was it (the mitata drifting) ?? looked kinda like it, i have it. : )

Quick Reply: Video: Snow drifting, S2000 driving, GT4, etc..