The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Streets of Hong Kong (Videos)

Old 06-10-2010 | 04:30 AM

So your excuse for doing something illegal (i couldn't care less) and completely irresponsible (this is the big deal) is that there are no race tracks. This does justify everything, of course!

Ohh, and everybody else does it too, that makes it ok aswell, i forgot... sorry!

What a great logic you have there...
Old 06-10-2010 | 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by dickers,Jun 10 2010, 04:19 AM
Like I said guys, you may like or dislike the videos.
I posted them up not because I think it's 'cool', I thought I can share what we have in HK to ppl elsewhere. You wouldn't really know the power of FD2's if you didn't see it through the vids, right? Take it as sharing cultures then.

We know it's dangerous that's why we go out at 5am. And again I already said it, there are no race tracks in HK. The HK government is against any sort of motorsport in HK.

If you know about HK, you'll know this sort of 'street racing' happens a lot. I am not saying this because I support it. I take my car to the track, but they only have track events every 2-3 months, and not everyone can afford taking their cars to the track. There ain't no 'country roads' here to go speeding on.

I'm open to any comments here, it's an open forum. Anyone can share their views and everyone has different point of views.

Peace.
videos are fun to watch.
Old 06-10-2010 | 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by jibber951,Jun 10 2010, 08:30 PM
So your excuse for doing something illegal (i couldn't care less) and completely irresponsible (this is the big deal) is that there are no race tracks. This does justify everything, of course!

Ohh, and everybody else does it too, that makes it ok aswell, i forgot... sorry!

What a great logic you have there...
So what can you do about it?
Old 06-10-2010 | 06:11 AM

Im with insomaniac247.

Jibber, go take your PMS somewhere else.
Old 06-10-2010 | 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by dickers,Jun 10 2010, 06:10 AM
So what can you do about it?
There's nothing i have to do about it. I was just stating my opinion.
Old 06-10-2010 | 07:49 AM

Nice, thanks for posting. I did enjoy watching them...
Old 06-10-2010 | 08:22 AM

nice vid's... man I wish our freeways were like that, wide open.
Old 06-10-2010 | 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by jibber951,Jun 10 2010, 12:16 AM
I never said i wouldn't speed occasionally. However, i do it when there are no other cars around and the only person that could get hurt is me.

Imagine a country road, where you can see the whole stretch of a road for two miles, and there's nothing but fields on the side of the road. You can clearly see you're the only person on the road, no other cars, no blind spots, no nothing. That's where i speed. Not quite the same.

Nobody said you'd have to drive like a granny when you buy a sports car. If there's a place where you can floor it with no risk, by all means, enjoy your sports car.

I had an accident in an MX5 when i was 20 years old. I took a corner too fast and lost control over the car. Went off into a field and damaged the car, but nothing else. If there would have been other cars around, or people at the side of the road, whatever... somebody would have gotten hurt. But guess what, since i did it in a place where all i could hurt was my car or myself, nothing happend.

I've had speeding tickets, lost my license, totaled my car, etc. But even in my younger years, i always knew when i could take a risk, and when it wasn't the time and place (see above). It doesn't take much, just a little common sense.

So in conclusion, i'm not against speeding on public roads if they are empty, no other cars are in sight and there's 100% visibility all around (in other words, if all that happens in the worst case is that you kill yourself... it's your own life).

Watch video number three and tell me there was no risk to other people. The driving in that video (and all the other videos) is beyond stupid and should be punished.

I wait for the day you hit a little child that's running onto the street into your way, then come back again and tell me the driving was responsible. I pray for you this day will never come, because you wouldn't be able to live with the concequences probably. Stop acting like a cool guy and start using your brain.

Sorry if i'm coming accross a little harsh maybe, but things like this shouldn't be tolerated. It's not just a little speeding, it's well over the limit and totally in the wrong places. And you get all upset about the fact that some people complain about it... seriously.
go preach somewhere else! make more videos
Old 06-10-2010 | 03:09 PM

[QUOTE=jibber951,Jun 10 2010, 06:16 PM] I never said i wouldn't speed occasionally. However, i do it when there are no other cars around and the only person that could get hurt is me.

Imagine a country road, where you can see the whole stretch of a road for two miles, and there's nothing but fields on the side of the road. You can clearly see you're the only person on the road, no other cars, no blind spots, no nothing. That's where i speed. Not quite the same.

Nobody said you'd have to drive like a granny when you buy a sports car. If there's a place where you can floor it with no risk, by all means, enjoy your sports car.

I had an accident in an MX5 when i was 20 years old. I took a corner too fast and lost control over the car. Went off into a field and damaged the car, but nothing else. If there would have been other cars around, or people at the side of the road, whatever... somebody would have gotten hurt. But guess what, since i did it in a place where all i could hurt was my car or myself, nothing happend.

I've had speeding tickets, lost my license, totaled my car, etc. But even in my younger years, i always knew when i could take a risk, and when it wasn't the time and place (see above). It doesn't take much, just a little common sense.

So in conclusion, i'm not against speeding on public roads if they are empty, no other cars are in sight and there's 100% visibility all around (in other words, if all that happens in the worst case is that you kill yourself... it's your own life).

Watch video number three and tell me there was no risk to other people. The driving in that video (and all the other videos) is beyond stupid and should be punished.

I wait for the day you hit a little child that's running onto the street into your way, then come back again and tell me the driving was responsible. I pray for you this day will never come, because you wouldn't be able to live with the concequences probably. Stop acting like a cool guy and start using your brain.

Sorry if i'm coming accross a little harsh maybe, but things like this shouldn't be tolerated. It's not just a little speeding, it's well over the limit and totally in the wrong places. And you get all upset about the fact that some people complain about it... seriously.
Old 06-10-2010 | 05:57 PM

send video to hong king police? jibber951, don't be a snitch foo!

Quick Reply: Streets of Hong Kong (Videos)