The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

S2000 and Carrera GT on track

Old 11-19-2006, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah it takes a very skilled driver to drive a Carrera GT. I hear they're very easy to lose control in and there have been several deaths in them.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:45 PM

it LOOKS like the CGT might've made contact with the wall, but not sure. a lot of people complain about the carbon clutch being too difficult to drive on the street. i think the CGT should have been one of those cars where you have to have some sort of racing experience or history behind you to own one.
-Chris
Old 11-19-2006, 04:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nalVle,Nov 19 2006, 05:45 PM
it LOOKS like the CGT might've made contact with the wall, but not sure. a lot of people complain about the carbon clutch being too difficult to drive on the street. i think the CGT should have been one of those cars where you have to have some sort of racing experience or history behind you to own one.
-Chris
the driver in the S kept up well in the turns
Old 11-19-2006, 05:31 PM

Cool vid !

Old 11-19-2006, 06:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke530,Nov 19 2006, 02:54 PM
wow... that's a pretty shitty driver for having such a high performance car. Unless that s2000 was modded, the CGT driver was a complete beginner. Fast on the straights, can't take a turn for shit... That's also probably why he went off maybe he should get something cheaper (like an s2000) to learn on.

that s was very loud
Really? Do you have a lot of track time? I assume so, since you're able to judge this guy's skill just by watching a video.

I suspect the CGT wasn't going 10/10ths, because he was probably still trying to learn the car. Also, I suspect the S2000 was highly modded (listening to the exhaust) and was probably on R-compound tires or slicks.... while the CGT was probably on street tires. Additionally, I suspect the S driver was very experienced... judging by the full racing suit he was wearing.

But, yeah... the CGT driver was a "pretty shitty driver".

BTW... sweet vid. I'm glad the S2000 driver was smart enough to slow up when the CGT went off track. I just had this dreadful feeling that I was going to see it shoot back across the track and the S2000 was going to broadside it.
Old 11-19-2006, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Nov 19 2006, 09:04 PM
Really? Do you have a lot of track time? I assume so, since you're able to judge this guy's skill just by watching a video.

I suspect the CGT wasn't going 10/10ths, because he was probably still trying to learn the car. Also, I suspect the S2000 was highly modded (listening to the exhaust) and was probably on R-compound tires or slicks.... while the CGT was probably on street tires. Additionally, I suspect the S driver was very experienced... judging by the full racing suit he was wearing.

BTW... sweet vid. I'm glad the S2000 driver was smart enough to slow up when the CGT went off track. I just had this dreadful feeling that I was going to see it shoot back across the track and the S2000 was going to broadside it.
1. I'm not necessarily judging skill, but if you say he was not going "10/10ths" or whatever fraction you would like to use, and he nearly went off once, and then completely went off the second time... well then, you can probably deduct something about his "skill"

2. The S was N/A - maybe modded suspension and r compounds. The S driver was skilled. The carrera should still run circles around it.

3. "street" tires on a CGT are pretty damn sticky, and wide

the point I was making is - why learn on a CGT. expensive, and very powerful. He was obviously not a skilled driver is he went off the track without even pushing the car.

...so yes... "pretty shitty driver" or "not very skilled" or "beginner" or whatver you wish to call it.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:41 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nalVle,Nov 19 2006, 08:45 PM
-Chris
There's a family in California suing Porsche right now because her husband and his driving instructor were killed in his CGT at a track when he swerved to miss on oncoming (as in entering the track) F-430 and the car wouldn't respond.

Make no mistake, the guy behind the wheel was an excellent driver, and has had cars of that level before and the CGT was his daily so he's used to it. But there wasn't any helping that one. He hit a wall that was supposed to be moved the day before (temp wall closer than set wall) and that was the end of that

There's been numerous other accidents where the rear end just breaks lose with little effort and ends up wrecking the car so now Porsche and possibly other companies (Konegniegnsigg has already started) will start offering driver courses to teach them the limits of their vehicles.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by mxt_77,Nov 19 2006, 07:04 PM

I'm not trying to flame anyone.. but to say that someone is VERY experienced just because he is wearing a full racing suit doesn't seem like very good argument... heck.. anyone could go out and just buy one...

Who knows why the CGT spun it.. maybe he sucks, maybe he doesn't... and i'm not gonna pretend to know if the s2000 driver is gwood or not..

but it was a cool vid anyway... thanks for sharing...
Old 11-19-2006, 07:45 PM

The S was flat when making turns! And looks really low too ...

Nice video!
Old 11-19-2006, 07:49 PM

Holy smokes!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...2429207&q=s2000

Quick Reply: S2000 and Carrera GT on track