The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Red trunk and Custom Sub...Want feedback

Old 04-05-2002, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Zoinks
I'd stick the amps in the spare tire well instead of the box. They seem to stick out too much. I'd hate to see you get groceries in there. You'd most likely end up whacking a wire or something.

Also, you should get some acoustic benefit from the trunk's volume.
That's what I was thinking, but it looks like he ported the box and ran the port to the vent behind the seat. As for the amps, I would mount them on the side panels and stand them up (or stand them up on the back of the trunk, closest to the bumper). Another suggestion would be to cover them where they are now with a carpeted board that's vented and put a fan in there. It's really up to you, and how much time you want to spend with it. If it looks fine to you, just leave it as is.
Old 04-05-2002, 12:41 PM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can you please provide me with the exact dimensions of your box? im going to build one this weekend too

i have a 8w6 lying in my garage that i think i'll use..

b
Old 04-06-2002, 09:50 AM

Eckler11 I love the red carpet. I have an Xtant that is mounted on a board where the spare tire is. I was thinking about doing your Sub setup but I'm afraid that the bass will come from the passenger side. Eckler how is it in yours? Does the bass come from the right or is it even?
Old 04-07-2002, 05:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Speedracer
[B]Eckler11 I love the red carpet.
Old 04-08-2002, 04:50 PM

nice setup..looks real clean...touch it up a little bit....
Old 04-08-2002, 06:13 PM

I would like the dimensions as well...Where did you come up with the flex tubing and how did you affix to the enclosure. What holds the box in place...is it a snug fit?
Old 04-09-2002, 07:33 AM

Like the red carpeting. Looks factory.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KaCee
[B]I would like the dimensions as well...Where did you come up with the flex tubing and how did you affix to the enclosure.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:10 PM

Hey love the speaker box, and choices in brands, love hidden stuff, ass for the spare tire? who needs em.. I wouldn't wanna drive mine with a spare on it, and it isn't a daily driver anyway..... back to the stereo! the amps are nice have you thought about a plexi glass cover ? it is easy to but three or four long slots in it for vents but you can still set clothes/ groceries/ or car leaning accesories on top of it. If it was mine I would use a plexi or Lexan for Ballers like me and carpet the border of it so you cannot see the edges ( basicly blend it in the trunk) and leave the window just 1/2 an inch larger than the size of the amps, and maybe a red neon in there (hidden bulb of course) or what ever color would better go with your cars scheme. Maybe if you had a car club or nickname you could have it etched into the lexan's bottom lower corner for flair. And it is quite easy to use some small hinges on the back side that way you can flip it up for Amp adjustments, maintenence, etc.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:53 PM

JL makes a sub that'll fit in the tool kit area. You can't even see it. Another thing, the amps can be placed up against the back of the trunk. The idea about the hidden neons sounds nice though.

Quick Reply: Red trunk and Custom Sub...Want feedback