The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Pic request: diez's s2000

Old 08-18-2014, 04:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know what cage diez used in his car?
Old 08-18-2014, 04:15 PM

Received 321 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by juntsky
He used a Mugen street cage that he had modified to connect to the OEM windshield frame reinforcement.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:31 PM

Perfect! Thanks
Old 08-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 226 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by juntsky' timestamp='1408407142' post='23292396
He used a Mugen street cage that he had modified to connect to the OEM windshield frame reinforcement.
How satisfied are you that you somehow remember this? Haha that's impressive.
Old 08-18-2014, 04:41 PM

Did he add bars to the sides too?
Old 08-18-2014, 05:58 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Yup

Old 08-18-2014, 06:37 PM

Am I seeing that right? Is it cut where it would normally go down the a pillar?
Old 08-18-2014, 06:50 PM

Yep. Looks like it is welded right to the a pillar.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Originally Posted by Feezy' timestamp='1408407337' post='23292399
[quote name='juntsky' timestamp='1408407142' post='23292396']
How satisfied are you that you somehow remember this? Haha that's impressive.
[/quote]

You have no idea how much useless S2000 knowledge I have floating around in my head. I've been wholly invested into this car for over a decade. I have the majority of these forums committed to memory, and I have saved every single picture of cars that had something done to them that I liked. I have like five or six gigs of those pictures that I have organized and sorted into folders.

I wish I could apply all that knowledge and time into actually making myself some money.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:41 PM

No, look at the picture again. What you posted is the Mugen race cage. He used the Mugen street cage.

Originally Posted by Diez
Originally Posted by 1AP12NV,May 24 2006, 08:33 AM
The first one looked like a Safety21 (or Spoon, they're the same I believe) cage in earlier pics, but in the later pics with the custom fabricated covers, it looked like it was a Mugen roll bar. Maybe Diez can shed some light.
Yes, its Mugen. Its the "Street" rollcage. Mine has been modified for side protection though.

Originally Posted by quickysrt,Apr 20 2006, 08:45 PM
diez do you have a roll cage or some type of bar, to replace the ones lost due to your carbon doors?

do those doors come with the side protection?

-hrc
I have the mugen street roll cage. But its been heavily modified for side impact protection. It has side bars that tie into the front and back.. The doors are hollow inside!! They're feather light!!
Originally Posted by jarod,Apr 20 2006, 09:10 PM
If they're hollow..do they not support the use of the windows, inside controls, inside door handles, etc?
Well they're hollow where the normal doors have the impact bar... But they do have the inner skin which holds all the controls etc. Everything is transferrable from the stock doors to the carbon doors.
A few more pics... Custom fab of aluminum pieces to cover rear of rollcage... Mugen fiberglass cover was a bit to crude for my taste, plus you had to ditch the top storage compartment... These aluminum pieces will be covered in matching leather and I will retain use of the top storage compartment!! Also a pic of the custom aluminum battery tray...

(Picture links are broken. )
Originally Posted by medicalstudent,Apr 28 2006, 04:03 AM
Pardon the confusion, is that the Mugen Rollbar or just the back part of the Mugen Street Rollcage? The rear part of the rollcage looks like the rollbar in pics.
Its the whole cage. As you can see in the second to last picture, there are the tabs on the rollbar where the top and front bars attach...The Mugen cage is basically the Mugen rollbar with the addition of a front section

EDIT: Found the reason he went with the Mugen street cage:

Originally Posted by medicalstudent,May 20 2006, 10:11 AM
Did you weld that extra side bar into the Mugen Street Cage? Kind of curious why you didn't get the Mugen Race cage that has the side bar anyway?
Thanks!

Well, the Mugen Race cage doesn't fit onto the stock roll bar mounting points, so I would had to have removed the rear of the interior, the rear package tray, etc, etc, etc, So I thought it would be worth just modifying the street version...
Those are a couple of his quotes that I pulled from a few different threads. I remember there being a reason that he specifically went with the Mugen street cage and modified it instead of going with their race cage, but I can't remember what it was. I think it had to do with the way it mounted to the car, and the rear interior trim piece, as well as the modifications he wanted to do to the cage to get the bars to mount to the factory S2000 A-pillars. He also mentioned that he was able to modify the rear interior Mugen piece to still allow the secret compartment to function, however all the links to those images are broke.

Edit: I am pretty sure this is the cage he started with: http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...roducts_id=858

It looks like I also have the pictures of the custom aluminum pieces he had fabbed up for trim pieces to go along with the Mugen cage. I'm attaching the pictures here for everyone.

A-Pillar Mounts

Mugen Rear Trim Pieces

Quick Reply: Pic request: diez's s2000