The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

PAINT CODE ISSUES?

Old 01-30-2008, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PAINT CODE ISSUES?

Hello, Everyone

My car was broken into two days ago, so today I was pricing some hard tops. My convertible top had been slashed during the break in grrrrrrrrr! Anyway, to make things even more slighty irritating, if not just weird..... I happened to look at the paint code sticker in my driver side door jam and there is one there that says Satin Silver M41584 and has my vin number and a barcode on it. Now as far as I know this is not a color offered with any year S2000 despite being a true Honda paint code. So... I went to the passanger side and looked at the stickers there, what do you know, NH-552M the code for Sebring Silver... I'm just baffled now as to why the Satin Silver Sticker is on there. I'm not sure why anyone who may have painted the car would put that there, seeing that the colors seem to be almost identical..... and the true color is on the passanger????? WTF!!!
Please if anyone could possibly shed some light on this situation it would be great, right now I'm going to get another carfax report (The dealer gave me one before purchasing) and try to get to the bottom of things. This has been a crap week. Hope it gets better soon!

Thanks for any input you can give me!
Old 01-30-2008, 11:29 PM

Crap it came back clean Total waste of $24.99.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:03 AM

maybe the car was repainted? not sure of the sticker though. i actually bought a yellow s2k and it came back clean from carfax. still has all the original bumpers and such but it was repainted actually painted over the stock paint. well hope everything goes well
Old 01-31-2008, 07:59 AM

id say when ur ready to bring it to the paint shop have them test spray a sheet of paper(or whatever) to see which color matches....
Old 01-31-2008, 02:39 PM

I actually had a Honda Accord Coupe that was satin silver then bought a Sebring silver S2K; assuming that the paint was similar in color I used the Satin Silver touch up paint on the S2K and realized that the colors are in fact quite different. The sticker most likely is just a mistake because you'd see the difference if the car was actually painted with Satin silver on one side and sebring on the other.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:03 PM

I always thought one side was for interior and the other for exterior. I have no idea if this is true though.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:41 PM

i remember hearing something about some sebrings were painted a diff shade by accident.. i had my pass front fender replaced, and the paint shade is a lil off from the rest of my car.. i wonder if my fender is that satin silver color.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:10 PM

my driver side door says NH-552M the code for Sebring Silver.... but my passenger has a sticker that says int color type A... and vin.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:46 AM

Thnaks for the replys. Interesting to hear I'm not the only one that has some unusual things going on with paint codes. I heard that 2004 was the last year the S was hand made before Honda changed the process to be done by machines. Perhaps my car was mis-badged with an improper paint sticker. Does anyone else have a paint code sticker on their drivers side. Also, can anyone take a picture of it so I could see if it matches the one I'm seeing on my driver side? Thanks!

Nick
Old 02-01-2008, 12:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The paint codes on Silverstone and Sebring cars are screwy, in many cases they are the same code although clearly they are different colors. Not sure about Satin, but basically if you have a silver s2000 don't trust the code no matter what.

Quick Reply: PAINT CODE ISSUES?