The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Owned car for 1 year as of 7/17! timeline shots

Old 07-16-2007, 09:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Owned car for 1 year as of 7/17! timeline shots

hey guys, well i have owned my car for just about a year as of tomorrow and i just wanted to share a timeline of my S since i got it. do you guys think im modding too fast? i don't think so.. won't get bored of this car for a while, and i am planning on tracking the car in the soon future. ok, well here we go!

purchased the car last July from a local guy here in the Bay Area. here is a picture the day after i brought her home! 2002 sebring silver with 27k miles on her.

This is my first car, and i have always been a car freak and a modding NUT, so it wasn't long before i got some rims and an exhaust.

Now the car was a little more unique, but i wanted a more aggressive look, so after about 2 months of ownership, i scored a deal on an OEM front lip that i couldn't refuse.

After another 2 or 3 months, i took the leap and jumped on a deal for some Cleared Diffusors, it really set off the car nicely.

and one with the rims on

After having the new headlights in for just about a month, i got into a little accident. It was a wet night and the tires were still cold, coming around a corner at regular speed, a car heading the opposite direction decided to pull a fast left in front of me, causing me to lock up the brakes. It all happened so fast i don't even remember it happening.. it was pretty bad tho, i slid over a center island, across opposing lanes (empty, thank god) and onto the opposite side curb..

so i put the car back together, and had it taken to a local friend's bodyshop. He is actually a member here on S2Ki (LeTsEaTaTDeNnYs) and I thought to myself.. if i am going to be fixing parts, might as well throw on a bumper and some sideskirts. I've always liked the look of the GP kit, so i opted for those pieces (took about a month to get the parts) and had them dropped off at the shop. I think the car came out great! they also helped me install Koni's with Espelirs as well and gave the car an aggressive drop.

so lately, there hasn't been much done to the car. I swapped out the Koni/Espelirs for some KW Variant 3's (AMAZING set of suspension, highly recommend it) and some little projects here and there. This is a current picture of the car as it sits.

Also decided to do a little bit of Interior modification, so i got a deal on a full steering wheel setup, which paired nicely with the rest of the mods in my car.

HOWEVER, the modding bug has bitten again and I have a new setup in mind. So i jumped on a few new parts in the past few weeks. Opted for a Comptech Supercharger with Aftercooler setup as well as a few more stuff:

so yeah! that's it for now! it's been one great year and i still love the car.. Although there have been times where the car has given me headaches, it still makes me smile as i blast the music with top down and all the girls stare (bwahahaha, dont tell the gf) this is definitely an awesome car and i am happy i didn't go and buy something else.

on a sidenote: do you guys think i am modding too fast? I am planning on diong some Autocrossing and track events and dialing in the suspension.

EDIT: i really wanted to give some shoutouts to some of the fellas out there that helped to inspire me and helped me with my ongoing project since day 1.
-1st and foremost, Joey (ItS2Krazy) for helping me out with EVERYTHING!
-Brian(s)
-Jae for bein friendly, first s2ki'er i met at a local meet
-Denny for the hookups on the paint job
-Stephen, Vu, all of the BA guys for bein so helpful
-Anish for inspiring me to spend more money, hahaha
-all the rest of S2Ki for being so friendly, welcoming, and helpful with everything along the way!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice parts
Old 07-16-2007, 09:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

theres no such thing as modding too fast. car looks good man!
Old 07-16-2007, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=WashabiS2K,Jul 16 2007, 10:23 PM]
Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silentdancer,Jul 16 2007, 09:26 PM
theres no such thing as modding too fast. car looks good man!
I agree car does looks good
Old 07-16-2007, 10:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOOOHOOO! shout out!!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:38 PM

i really like the momo wheel setup!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:39 PM

i need to get 2nd job!! i am only making enough money to pay mortgage and car payments.. Need a job that pays for mods =)
Old 07-16-2007, 11:39 PM

nice parts. cant wait to see it all come together
Old 07-17-2007, 12:57 AM

looking good i wish i could say i was modding too fast

Quick Reply: Owned car for 1 year as of 7/17! timeline shots