The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Official Enkei RPF1 Thread

Old 04-13-2010 | 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by sjs0433,Apr 13 2010, 05:47 AM
rpf1's just don't go away. More for the haters 17x9.5 +38 (x4)

Need to pull the quarters out a little where they meet the bumper. Rubs like crazy right now. will not rub when I'm done though

I plan on running 17x9.5 +38's in the rear and I was thinking of trimming the rear fenders a bit to make a bit more clearance. Hopefully this will be sufficient. I have 17x9's now with 245's and I rub ever so rarely.
Old 04-13-2010 | 06:42 PM

I ran 17x9 +45s with zero rubbing and moved up to 17x9 +40 with 255s all around and still didn't have rubbing issues.

These rpf1s have been kind of a headache so far with rubbing. I'm sure it's a combination of the little more aggressive size + my new 255s are Star Specs which are already wide for 255s and not enough camber but I have every intention of tracking the car and I refuse to run more than -3.5 out back. These cars don't need any more than that and more will just take away. Only other option is to raise it a bunch and that's also pretty lame. I'm kind of bummed. For reference I'm already at -3.3 out back so I don't think -.2 is really going to change much.

I did play with giving myself more room on the quarter panels and trimmed the bumper tonight so hopefully that'll cut it. I'm ok with the occasional rub on a bit dip but how it was sitting before I messed with them tonight they literally rubbed 30+ times each way going to work today. Not very cool
Old 04-13-2010 | 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by sjs0433,Apr 14 2010, 12:42 PM
I ran 17x9 +45s with zero rubbing and moved up to 17x9 +40 with 255s all around and still didn't have rubbing issues.

These rpf1s have been kind of a headache so far with rubbing. I'm sure it's a combination of the little more aggressive size + my new 255s are Star Specs which are already wide for 255s and not enough camber but I have every intention of tracking the car and I refuse to run more than -3.5 out back. These cars don't need any more than that and more will just take away. Only other option is to raise it a bunch and that's also pretty lame. I'm kind of bummed. For reference I'm already at -3.3 out back so I don't think -.2 is really going to change much.

I did play with giving myself more room on the quarter panels and trimmed the bumper tonight so hopefully that'll cut it. I'm ok with the occasional rub on a bit dip but how it was sitting before I messed with them tonight they literally rubbed 30+ times each way going to work today. Not very cool
I might be interested in the wheels depending on price ofcourse.
Old 04-13-2010 | 07:29 PM

^Where are you located? The are basically brand new wheels so my asking price would be just about the same as new. Less of course b/c they aren't new.

pm me if you're real interested.
Old 04-14-2010 | 03:50 AM

Looks like I win and the time I spent messing with the bumper/quarter panels last night paid off. I only rubbed once coming into work today and it was on the biggest dip in the road I have. I think the little bit more camber I can throw at it will take care of it and if it doesn't I think I can get a couple mm of clearance by taking another look at the work I did last night. I didn't want to try and mess with it more than I had to. I'm now very content with this setup. Now it's time to try those Star Specs out

couple snaps from a weekly meet we have

Old 04-14-2010 | 04:33 AM

^^^^^ you could also try trimming the lip of the bumper a bit. You may be rubbing there a bit. Looks like you have a lot of room in the fender area now. Looks good bro. I've got the 9.5+38 rear too but I opted for a rear over fender and cut quarters so I could run stock camber and toe. My tires have 20,000 miles and haven't hit 50% yet so I'm happy.
Old 04-14-2010 | 04:42 AM

^That pic I posted was actually from before I started messing with the quarters/bumper. Looks like there is more room than there actually is.

I ended up trimming the bumper as far as I felt comfortable doing so. I thought if I went any farther that it would end up being too thin. It was actually where the bumper bolt used to be that was rubbing the worst I think. I hadn't ever had to go crazy on that spot so I just did it the minimum I had needed to before and it obviously wasn't enough for these wheels.
Old 04-14-2010 | 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by sjs0433,Apr 14 2010, 04:42 AM
^That pic I posted was actually from before I started messing with the quarters/bumper. Looks like there is more room than there actually is.

I ended up trimming the bumper as far as I felt comfortable doing so. I thought if I went any farther that it would end up being too thin. It was actually where the bumper bolt used to be that was rubbing the worst I think. I hadn't ever had to go crazy on that spot so I just did it the minimum I had needed to before and it obviously wasn't enough for these wheels.
steve you should check out how I got my rear end setup. you could prob do the same and have no rubbing issues at all. I know I dont run the same size as you are atm, just a 9 with a 255 tire. but Im able to tuck all the way down to the rim with no rubbing.
Old 04-14-2010 | 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by sjs0433,Apr 14 2010, 04:42 AM

Looks good. I ended up doing the same thing to my rears. I trimmed a bit til' I felt it was thin enough and I have a nice amount of wiggle room.
Old 04-15-2010 | 03:21 AM

^yup. Honestly it was a pain. If all I wanted to do was drive around and have the car look good then I'd just toss more camber at it and call it a day but I do autocross the car and also plan on getting onto a real roadcourse in the near future so I wanted to keep the alignment from being too ridiculous.

Doing it all over again I'd probably just get 17x9+45s. They look almost identical and not nearly as much of a headache.

Quick Reply: Official Enkei RPF1 Thread