The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

My first "HONDA" Shoot....

Old 11-30-2009 | 06:27 AM

Where were these all taken at?? I can't seem to figure it out at all...lol
Old 12-01-2009 | 02:25 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by TheChazz,Nov 26 2009, 08:58 PM
I don't have the vision for MF. I live by AF unless Im trying to force focus on something.
Honestly, you should learn photography using ONLY manual focus. Then again I also think anybody really into photography should have darkroom experience too so they understand what is actually happening when you take a photo to begin with.

I think the HDR stuff is a little overdone on some but not horrible composition.
Old 12-01-2009 | 05:51 PM

looking good!
Old 12-01-2009 | 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by TheChazz,Nov 26 2009, 06:58 PM
I don't have the vision for MF. I live by AF unless Im trying to force focus on something.
you picked the wrong hobby if you have poor vision
Old 12-01-2009 | 07:02 PM

So this is going to be one of those Flame me because I do what I do for fun wrong?

Great....

I chose the hobby because I love it, not because Its what I "Should" do.
Guess amputees shouldn't be runners, and musicians shouldn't have bad hearing.

Sorry I don't live by your rules, I am open to suggestions and input, but please don't waste my time telling me what I should and should not do.

I joined the military not only to serve, but to use the benefits to go to college and get my degree in photo-journalism.
Sorry to sound cocky, but every time I post pictures online, I get the same BS.

And thanks to those with positive input, I promise my shoot this Saturday at the KC meet will be much better!
Old 12-01-2009 | 08:42 PM

I think the composition & story on the photo needs some work. They just look very snapshot-ish. It has nothing to do w/ the image quality. Just IMO. Stick to it. Its good that your like what your doing. I myself cant stand photography.
Old 12-02-2009 | 07:41 PM

oscar pistorius and ray charles never cried about their limitations. you somehow managed to learn how to put a watermark on pictures before figuring out how to take a clear picture? it just shows where your priorities are

don't blame bad glass on ruining your "shoot" it's always about the eye behind the camera. for someone that has a military background you sure do make a lot of excuses for yourself, talk is cheap

gl in the future

Old 12-03-2009 | 04:40 AM

My Site:
www.HotModelPhotography.com

Yes, Talk is cheap, and someone is looking. Guess I'm doing SOMETHING right.

An accomplishment of a few business cards, watermarks, and Google searches. So yes I W/M my shots, and No, Its not a priority.

Are you paying for my work? Didn't think so, so why come in and complain?

Excuses are what they are, I know recognizing that I have bad eyes isn't going to make my work look any better. However the AF that corrects it WILL.

Thanks for the Luck.\
Old 12-03-2009 | 08:08 AM

People are so quick to criticize here. That's why I rarely post my photos on S2Ki.

Honestly, your photos are pretty good IMO. I think the composition could use a little work (the "rule of thirds" is your friend), and you might want to bump up the saturation a little on most of those shots, but overall not bad.

Regarding AF vs MF, I use AF most of the time because it's pretty hard to focus accurately when you don't have a full-frame SLR, especially in low light or with narrow DOF. I actually had an easier time focusing my dad's 30-year-old Nikon than I do with my Rebel XT.
Old 12-03-2009 | 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by TheChazz,Dec 1 2009, 08:02 PM

I am open to suggestions and input, but please don't waste my time telling me what I should and should not do.
That's what suggestions are, advise on what you should do.

You're the one taking it personal and getting pissy.

Just chill, your pictures are fine.

Quick Reply: My first "HONDA" Shoot....