The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

my car and the new ARC

Old 10-04-2004, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my car and the new ARC

finally get the ARC in, big PITA, but throatle response is GREAT!
too bad my strut bar doesn't fit anymore
Old 10-04-2004, 04:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the car... HATE the exhaust.
Old 10-04-2004, 04:05 PM

and the stickerfest..

nice intake though
Old 10-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just don't understand people's fascination with an open filter intake in a hot engine bay. It's like having a really more expensive short ram intake. Worst performance for your money. To each his own, I guess?
Old 10-04-2004, 04:15 PM

nice... but is it me or does that exhaust stick out wayyyy past the bumper?
Old 10-04-2004, 04:40 PM

Never mistake ARC intake with a short ram.
the ARC intake is designed so that air will resonate inside the box, and when that happens, air compress itself, increase pressure and density, Yes, it is kinda like boost, but a really low one. I forget what this is called, but look up in the gas dynamic books, u will find it. Go measure the dimension of the box, it's in harmanic with air's natual resonate wavelength. I did use heat insulator on the back side of the box. Also look at the chamber design, it makes sure that there is enough air stored there, thus improve throatle response. I do admit the intake is a pita to put in, BUT it works great!
talking about short ram, ram air effects won't happen on the ground, period. ram air effect means that air slows down after shock wave , and with a carefully shaped chamber, air can be compressed and cooled down at the exit, it won't happen without shock wave, which does not come out untill it reaches the speed of sound. How the hell can u drive that fast
short ram intake is no where near the ARC's design.
the tanabe exhaust will go for an ARC single, that's after my toda cams of course.
ARC all the way baby
Old 10-04-2004, 04:44 PM

hmm... owned?
Old 10-04-2004, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by azndrunkyoon,Oct 4 2004, 06:44 PM
hmm... owned?
Old 10-04-2004, 04:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by revto9k,Oct 4 2004, 04:40 PM
Never mistake ARC intake with a short ram.
the ARC intake is designed so that air will resonate inside the box, and when that happens, air compress itself, increase pressure and density, Yes, it is kinda like boost, but a really low one. I forget what this is called, but look up in the gas dynamic books, u will find it. Go measure the dimension of the box, it's in harmanic with air's natual resonate wavelength. I did use heat insulator on the back side of the box. Also look at the chamber design, it makes sure that there is enough air stored there, thus improve throatle response. I do admit the intake is a pita to put in, BUT it works great!
talking about short ram, ram air effects won't happen on the ground, period. ram air effect means that air slows down after shock wave , and with a carefully shaped chamber, air can be compressed and cooled down at the exit, it won't happen without shock wave, which does not come out untill it reaches the speed of sound. How the hell can u drive that fast
short ram intake is no where near the ARC's design.
the tanabe exhaust will go for an ARC single, that's after my toda cams of course.
ARC all the way baby
I cant help but giggle at the concept... sounds absurd to me, albiet interesting.

Yeah...
Old 10-04-2004, 04:59 PM

Sweet intake! I too was skeptical about the whole idea with the filter element being placed in the engine bay until i actually got a chance to test drive an s2000 with the ARC intake equipped on it. Its an expensive piece, and hp gains are most likely minimal, but the car is much more fun to drive with the intake on. Throttle response is unbelievably crisp and makes downshift a pure joy. If i had the money, i'd pick one up just to have fun with.

Quick Reply: my car and the new ARC