The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

My 1st driving impression with the GT3.....

Old 11-23-2007, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play,Nov 16 2007, 02:46 PM
but really looking forward to breaking this car in the next few weeks...
NO!!1 DONT DO THAT YOU JUST GOT IT!!!!! hahah.

amazing car man. congratulations. i guess hard word pays off.

i know the wing on this car actually does serve an aerodynamic/downforce purpose to some degree...... but i say you should go wingless.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by kenstyle,Nov 23 2007, 03:52 PM

this my friends is beauty
Old 11-26-2007, 11:50 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

kenstyle: thanks for the undercarriage shots, NEVER seen that b4!

Just got back from trip and super tired...took the GT3 for a nice drive through Troutdale along the Willamette to stretch her legs.

Will give a Part II report now that the car has passed 150 miles...woohoo! (pics coming too)

thanks for the comments,
rick
Old 11-27-2007, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by s4play,Nov 27 2007, 12:50 AM
kenstyle: thanks for the undercarriage shots, NEVER seen that b4!

Just got back from trip and super tired...took the GT3 for a nice drive through Troutdale along the Willamette to stretch her legs.

Will give a Part II report now that the car has passed 150 miles...woohoo! (pics coming too)

thanks for the comments,
rick
i read on the porsche site, or rather heard through one of the videos that the suspension and spoiler are fully adjustable. could you give us some idea as to what extent this is to. porsche's site said camber, caster, height...is it easy to adjust or what?
Old 11-27-2007, 07:14 AM

Very nice man. Welcome to the Club.

Turbo Cab will have to be my next upgrade.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

out of my jealousy i scream "FCKER!". enjoy the car man.

but seriously what do u do for living haha
Old 11-27-2007, 08:50 AM

one of my best friend's dad has a GT3 RS, it's a lovely car. I mean everytime I see it, I just

they grip like all heck and go like stink!

give it a nice break in and then go have fun!

Congrats!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:54 AM

nice RICK congrats!
saw your post on the EP forums, screw those haters and enjoy your ride
Old 11-27-2007, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by NA-088,Nov 20 2007, 08:25 PM
so jealous right now. your a lucky guy!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:45 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Synchromesh,Nov 27 2007, 01:20 AM
i read on the porsche site, or rather heard through one of the videos that the suspension and spoiler are fully adjustable. could you give us some idea as to what extent this is to. porsche's site said camber, caster, height...is it easy to adjust or what?
Well I can tell you on the "regular" GT3, I see no adjustments for the huge spoiler so that thing is fixed. Not sure on the "RS" model so may want to check with those owners. Although I have not touched the car's mechanical adjustments I'm pretty sure you can adjust the ride height, camber, etc....this car is like a race car from the factory so having those adjustments is the norm for Porsche. Again I'm not really sure since this is my first Porsche....hehe

Kenny: Thanks mang....just trying to enjoy the car for a bit b4 the kids come

PART II:

I posted some new pics from a spirited drive I took over the weekend on page 1 but will give a short drive impressino here. The car is a pure animal in terms of power and handling. It's always responsive to every input the driver makes and communicates EVERY bump or road imperfection to the driver which is both good and bad! The car tracks very straight and feels extremely lightweight. The engine just begs to be revved and anything after 4000 rpm just brings an aggressive deep wail sound that makes me smile everytime. I love driving it in SPORT mode since the engine lets out a roar as you ease into the gas.....

I'm still amazed how Porsche manages to get this kind of sound from a six! The Gallardo V10 engine sound in comparo is VERY DEEP but that's from almost twice the cylinders. Best way to describe the GT3 vs. the Gallardo is Muhamed Ali (GT3) vs. Mike Tyson (Gallardo). As I drive around the corners you can easily feel the lightweight nature of the GT3. The "seemed" to have endless grip and was quite tossable into a controlled drift if you are careful. Even the engine revs feel light as the tach climbs so fast that if you are not careful triple digits come at a blazing place!

The weather was kinda damp outside and saying it was windy is an understatement. The winds were blowing the car enough that you can easily feel it. To give you an idea I had trouble standing to take pics and it made using a tripod IMPOSSIBLE. The roads however was pure heaven in terms of driving. It was a cold 31 degrees outside so that kept most tourists out of my way as this area is normally packed with minivans / tourists. I pretty much had the whole place to myself as I drove up the Willamette river.

I can't wait to drive it more in the upcoming weeks but it's fun to immediately hop into the s2000 afterwards. The cars do share some DNA as both are high revving motors.

I have much to be thankful for this year....Happy Holidays!

rick

Quick Reply: My 1st driving impression with the GT3.....