The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Me vs. G35 vs. E46 M3

Old 11-28-2007, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=nichigo,Nov 28 2007, 02:42 PM] comptech SC S2k and M3 are very different on a road course.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^ricer.

hows the 996 treating you?
Old 11-28-2007, 09:33 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WRS2K,Nov 28 2007, 09:49 PM
i don't know how many ways i can say this. I've owned both.

60k miles on the s2000. 15k miles Comptech Supercharged. 15k miles on an '04 M3, relatively stock except for some choice suspension mods and BBS LMs, exhaust that sorta thing that doesn't add power.

how's it not a good comparison? we're comparing two cars period in a straightline. my claim is that the M3 is several car lengths faster to say 80-100mph and then keep adding cars to that when compared to a stock s2000. it's when you add the additional horses via forced induction on the s2000 (80hp to the wheels approx) that then you see the straightline speeds even out between the two cars. again, the vid is somewhat deceptive since it's doesn't depict the two cars very clearly, but the M3 is markedly quicker than the s2000 period. there's no similar ballpark in performance here. that's the same thing as saying a comptech sc s2000 is about the same as a bone stock s2000 which it absolutely is not.

the m3 isn't that torquey either. like the s2000 you need to rev the sh!t out of it to get up to full potential. what the m3 has that ultimately beats the s2000 on a road course even with its additional weight is more grip, more power, and non-twitchy handling. but of course, the m3 is no ariel atom in comparison to the s2000 which is a very capable track car so driver familiarity/skill still makes the biggest diff at the end of the day.

in an auto-x situation, the s2000 is much more competitive for obvious reasons.
Let me know when you've actually raced the S2k against the M3. All your analysis is based on how the cars felt to you individually...but not on how they actually performed against each other.

as i said earlier, this isn't my first race against an E46. unless you race them against each other, you're basing everything off numbers and individual feel. I have driven my friend's G35 numberous times...and based on numbers and feel of the car, i thought he should have owned me every time at the track. however, he has YET to beat me at the drag strip...i consistently beat him by about half a car.

So you're saying the M3 which has about 30 more hp than the G35 will be THAT much faster than the S2k when i can pull on the G?

Also...you cannot say that it's like comparing a stock s2k to an SC'ed S2k...that's comparing the same car with two different setups which is NOT the same as comparing two different cars with different performance characteristics. An SC'ed S2k would own an M3 in a straight line based on how close they already are stock.

Your opinion will not matter to me until you can tell me you've raced the S against an E46. I have not owned both, but I've already seen first hand that the S is not that far behind the E46 in straight line speed.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by nichigo,Nov 28 2007, 10:33 PM
Let me know when you've actually raced the S2k against the M3. All your analysis is based on how the cars felt to you individually...but not on how they actually performed against each other.

as i said earlier, this isn't my first race against an E46. unless you race them against each other, you're basing everything off numbers and individual feel. I have driven my friend's G35 numberous times...and based on numbers and feel of the car, i thought he should have owned me every time at the track. however, he has YET to beat me at the drag strip...i consistently beat him by about half a car.

So you're saying the M3 which has about 30 more hp than the G35 will be THAT much faster than the S2k when i can pull on the G?

Also...you cannot say that it's like comparing a stock s2k to an SC'ed S2k...that's comparing the same car with two different setups which is NOT the same as comparing two different cars with different performance characteristics. An SC'ed S2k would own an M3 in a straight line based on how close they already are stock.

Your opinion will not matter to me until you can tell me you've raced the S against an E46. I have not owned both, but I've already seen first hand that the S is not that far behind the E46 in straight line speed.
I have straightline monkey raced bro - many a times over

what a time waste, peace
Old 11-29-2007, 12:05 AM

Almost seems like you hit the rev limiter in 2nd right before the m3 started to pull.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JLEEzAP2,Nov 29 2007, 01:05 AM
Almost seems like you hit the rev limiter in 2nd right before the m3 started to pull.
I did
Old 11-29-2007, 08:13 AM

poor g35... i kept up with a nismo 350 before.. in fact it was neck to neck... then we had to slow down due to traffic... it was my friends 350 and his excuse was he had a passenger...but im pretty sure nismos can still pull way harder than an S even with a passenger
Old 11-29-2007, 09:07 AM

that was a pretty solid race.. looks like if all 3 of you got good shifts and a good start it would have been all tied up.

i think the thing you(WRS2K) dont understand is the power to weight ratio. the S is a considerable amount lighter than both the G35/350z and the E46 M3. Nichigo has been agreeing with you that the M3 is slightly faster in a straight line but he doesnt think its "that much faster"... saying the M3 isnt going to be pulling bus lengths on the S, especially with a couple bolt ons.

just my .02
Old 12-09-2007, 10:12 PM

sorta back from the dead, but

nichigo, I'm sure you may be a decent driver, but telling people that have owned both an m3 and an s2k that they are wrong while you have mislead information as well doesn't seem too bright... btw.. m3 = I6 not V6..

I'm all for s2k's as they are great cars, I've got an e46 m3 and an MY05 s2k in the garage, the s2k being my brothers vehicle. I've had an extensive amount of time behind the wheel of both, and I've raced my brothers s2k with the m3, and I've raced the s2k against my m3 with me driving the s2k.

I'm stock besides an intake as far as engine modifications go and my brother is equipped with intake/exhaust/vafc and higher gears.. 4.77 I believe.. we've raced NUMEROUS times, off the dig, off a roll, you name it. 2 different cars, apples to oranges here..

We mostly raced up to the end of my 3rd gear, I believe an S would be in 5th with higher gears.. anyhow.. if you REALLY think a stock s2k, or one with mild NA mods can beat a stock m3, I have plenty of time on my hands
Old 12-10-2007, 10:11 PM

Love your other vids too Nick - especially the ones @ California Speedway!!

Quick Reply: Me vs. G35 vs. E46 M3