The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Laguna Seca UNCENSORED! *56k is out of style!*

Old 01-24-2005, 01:53 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laguna Seca UNCENSORED! *56k is out of style!*

Due to all the pics I had to break this up into a few different posts. Please excuse the grammer errors. It's 2:30am.

All these pics and more can be found in this album. I took about 130 in all... https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=m...bum&album=13509

First off let me started off by saying Laguna Seca Gets 2 thumbs way up!

After reading a fellow racers account of Laguna last yr and JZR's memorys post
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...&f=11&t=257319
I decided I had to make it out there. Lucky for me Speed Ventures had an event schedule for Jan 21st. A friend from S2ki was also nice enough to offer up his place in Santa Cruz for us to stay at. I bust out the Gran Turismo 3 and started getting ready myself.
Last monday I started getting the car ready by getting the oil changed. Then I swapped the brakes on Tues and got it aligned on Wed. After my alignment I also stopped by Tony's where him and Pete (both porsche club drivers) gave me a great break down and tons of little pointers for this track. Sadly I'm still on my worn street tires. The front have been on the car since the day 1 and officially have over 27k on them. Still have some tread left but are kind of hard now. No matter the car is ready to roll...

JP and I drove up on Thurs...

I took some pics of myself on the way there...

8 hours later we arrive at Rylan's in Santa Cruz. He is having everyone over for a BBQ the night before the track day and opening his garage up for anyone who still needs to get ready...

John changes his oil...
Old 01-24-2005, 01:53 AM
Former Moderator

Friday we all wake up and head out to the track...

We see the ocean on the way...

We get to the track...

Check in, get the cars ready, drivers meeting, etc. As you can see in these pics no one cleaned their cars before hand as we all feared the track gods would try to make our clean cars dirty by sending us off track. Thats something none of us wanted to do at Laguna since there is walls. I sadly didn't get any pics of Prolene's car. Sorry Al. Your somehow theo nly one I missed Here is the S2000 pics...
Krazik

Me!

Ludedude

The Reverend
Old 01-24-2005, 01:54 AM
Former Moderator

Drewchie and Panty Raider

Spider

Mad Dane

Doug Hayashi

msm_s2k

Will and Jason left their S2000's at home and brought their other toys. Will brought his supra and Jason his new 510.
sfphinkterMC

JZR
Former Moderator

The morning starts. Will takes me out in his Supra to show me the line. I then get my chance to go out.
First session I pull a 2:03. It felt good and I felt I had the line figured out fairly well already. I figured aiming for a sub 2 was a good idea. I didn't want to set my sights too high as I am on my street tires which are at the end of their life and really I didn't want to push to hard and stuff the car into a wall. I know I'm a wuss!
Second session. I get out late and don't get in many laps. To top it off the laps I did get I caught traffic during them all so I ran another 2:03 but this time it was a 2:03 with traffic!
3rd session. Get out early and get some good laps in. I catch some traffic close to the end of the session then session gets flagged from a car hitting the wall in turn 9. I come back check my times and I pulled a 1:58.4. Woohoo got my sub 2!
4th session. Go out and get out of traffic and end up out in the middle of no cars. I had a bunch of laps with no cars anywhere near me so I experimented with a few different lines knowing they weren't any faster but I tried them for the heck of it anyway in case one day I do get to the point where I can race wheel 2 wheel and need to be able to take different lines. After a few laps of that the tires started to get fairly greasy and I was fighting a little bit of push. Had 1 time where I came around turn 3 normally on the right line and met up with that friend known as understeer which brought me really close to going off at the exit of the corner. At that point I decided to not push my luck and come in. On my cooldown lap the session got flagged due to a car getting stuck in the dirt off of turn 2.
5th session the track is hot and no one is getting any faster. I know the tires aren't going to be very happy and over heat fairly quickly so I decided to go up to the corkscrew and take some pics of people on track...

Former Moderator

Here are some shots of the rest of the track...

Head back to Santa Cruz and have dinner with JP, Ry and Dave at this great Mexican restraunt off the 1. Then we all go back to Rylans meet up with his wife and go out for dessert at this great pie place in Santa Cruz. The food in Santa Cruz is good.

Sat drive 8 hours back to Vegas. I took pics of odd things like CHP and a hitchiker on the highway...

Passing through Primm back into NV...

and finally back home...

Overall the trip was a blast. A big thanks goes out to Rylan and his wife for opening up their home to us. Laguna isn't a cheap track to go to but honestly it was worth every penny. The track is spectacular. I had only been to Buttonwillow, Streets of WIllow, SMMP and the LVMS american le mans course (this was as a passenger with Kam long long ago), so it was the first track I had been out to that had so many elevation changes and it was quite an experiance. The corkscrew is unreal. I have to thanks Tony and Pete from the porsche club for letting me know hwo to properly setup for that. Turn 6 and turn 10 also ended up being favorites of mine. 6 being so critical as it took you up the hill to the corkscrew. 10 as it was slightly banked and fairly fast. I know there was more time out there. I never got turn 2 right when it came ot braking. Either I was braking too much or not enough and never got a really good run out of it. I also could've been faster a little faster through 4 and quite a bit through 9 but didn't want to push my luck as I've heard of so many people meeting the wall in 9.

I can't wait to get out there again.

Karim
Old 01-24-2005, 02:04 AM

Great pictures!
Now, I'm going to bed
Old 01-24-2005, 02:55 AM

Beautiful pics of the track and event! Nice writeup, too. Thanks!

Good thing I am viewing this on broadband in the docs lounge instead of my home's dialup.
Old 01-24-2005, 03:05 AM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE=Prolene,Jan 24 2005, 03:55 AM] Beautiful pics of the track and event!
Old 01-24-2005, 04:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sweet pics! My favorite track too...im jealous.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:22 AM

wow uguys must've lot of fun!!!

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca UNCENSORED! *56k is out of style!*