The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Justa Few Tein/ARC pics...

Old 02-28-2006, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to let you know, if you get real JDM headlights you will be blinding on coming traffic, and the ones with the chrome are not JDM, they are EDM from Europe.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1: my car is low, but unlike the slammed car people usually drive in i have around 2-3mm of suspension travel which makes it scrape less than oem height (@ oem when u go over bump.. is raises/drops and scrapes. w/ tein it stays stiff and doesnt bottom out..

2: the yoko's wear fine.. the most important thing in tire wear is alignment (toe isnt your friend, but some toe in rear is needed for our car), also tire pressures/driving habits have a big role. i doubt they will last me 5k w/ the way i drive but honestly i dont care.. GAS and tires are the only thing it costs me to drive and their fairly cheap so why not wear em out.. my rear BFG's run 290EACH and ill prolly go thru them in 2-3 months.. just the cost of driving

3: the BFG's are not loud imo. alot of people do not care for them because "i drove on conti sport contacts or w/e and they were superb.. the tire was designed for traction and a roadster/tuner not a Mercedes S class saloon. if you want opulent ride then tein+30 series+convertable shouldnt be your ride choice,

a simple sound barrier coating of the entire cabin will eliminate all of the noise but it doesnt bother me. the noise actually keeps my gf from talking while driving because she doesnt like to compete w/ the noise of the air. so its win/win for me.

as far as JDM headlights.. you might be taking into consideration that in USDM the right headlight sticks up for side viewing.. JDM or the chrome ones have the left head up for that purpose.. all youd have to do is take into honda and have them aligned and they'll aim wherever you want them to aim. im guessing people have problems because they install and dont get them aligned..
Old 02-28-2006, 05:44 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by rijowysock,Feb 28 2006, 10:36 AM
1: my car is low, but unlike the slammed car people usually drive in i have around 2-3mm of suspension travel which makes it scrape less than oem height (@ oem when u go over bump.. is raises/drops and scrapes. w/ tein it stays stiff and doesnt bottom out..
give them a few more miles and they will take a crap on you

have fun ridding around with -3'' camber in the rear, thats nasty
Old 02-28-2006, 05:47 AM

nice!
Old 02-28-2006, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Guedo512,Feb 28 2006, 09:44 AM
give them a few more miles and they will take a crap on you
u dont like the flex? the dampers carry the same preload now as oem height.. so the shock will not deteriorate like an SS/double perch

i had em on my civic and loved it. i was gonn go w/ the SRC but didnt like the spring rates.(werent suitable for my use)

out of all the triple perch setups ive used i still like tein the most. i would never roll anything but triple perch w/ the drops i ride.. because one double perch+drop your corner weights are all outa whack w/ the preloads being judged by height