The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Had my hood and trunk wrapped in matte black

Old 12-16-2009, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think doing the section between the trunk and top would tie it all together. I wrapped that section on my car when I put on the CF trunk and hood. I didn't want to paint mine so it can go back to stock easily. I tied CF printed vinyl and it only stayed on for a month. Then I went with just black and liked it much better.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krnmike,Dec 14 2009, 09:12 PM
u can't just flat black any car and call it a day. i think that's when haters start coming out of their closets. im not pointing out anyone (actually i personally don't know anyone that has done this), but flat black on a stock s2k is a bit lame lol.. it's like owning a multi million dollar house and a 90s toyota corolla as a daily drive.

imo, the concerns with the future 'glue residue' should only be taken into consideration for resale purposes of the car. other than that, stripping the paint, applying vinyl primer, and putting on the vinyl itself is the proper way. resale puts alot of restrictions on what mods you are daring to do.
And if you were to do all of this why would you choose vinyl over paint? Paint will last a life time if taken care of. Vinyl not so much....
Old 12-16-2009, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by espelirS2K,Dec 12 2009, 11:59 PM
I will definitely get pics of the brushed aluminum vinyl!

already done... haha i met these guys at the car show in pleasanton...they ask me to photoshoot there cars so here is some of Don's 335i brush aluminum wrapped car.

btw i belive his front bumper was freshly painted so he had to wait to vinyl wrap that CF.

here are some pics from the CF vinyl

Old 12-17-2009, 10:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 78kz650sr,Dec 16 2009, 10:59 PM
already done... haha i met these guys at the car show in pleasanton...they ask me to photoshoot there cars so here is some of Don's 335i brush aluminum wrapped car.

btw i belive his front bumper was freshly painted so he had to wait to vinyl wrap that CF.

here are some pics from the CF vinyl

Damn this shit is hella fresh!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:19 AM

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mr.frieze,Dec 16 2009, 06:39 PM
And if you were to do all of this why would you choose vinyl over paint? Paint will last a life time if taken care of. Vinyl not so much....
For the most part, I agree with this. The only reason to wrap would be to get a color that paint cannot match. Something like brushed aluminum, "cf" or stuff of that nature. Another reason would be if you have a very expensive car or of high personal value and dont mind shelling out several grand every few years for a color change or upkeep.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by mr.frieze,Dec 16 2009, 06:39 PM
I can tell u alot of answers to this question, and i will. however, this is my opinion and my reasoning behind what I do. I don't rep anyone but myself in what i say.

how many of us really choose paint because of it's color? i think most of the time it's the hype is in the name it all receives "green goblin" "carbon black" "takata green" "time attack". would ur opinions change if the name really was "green #31" or "green A5382ED"?? why didn't someone name a white color: "vaginal discharge cream white"? really, honestly, it's in the name in the marketing world. Every color out there is unique, does its job (yes, its most basic job: adding a vibe to our eyes) and no advertising is needed - because color is always all around us. But in the real world where u have to be appealing, the name and advertising and words are obviously everything - the experience is within the name itself.

vinyl, most of the time, will last longer than some of us will own the s2000.

vinyl, for a garaged car, will last more than the guaranteed lifetime, up to 6 to 8 or more years. this goes same for paint, especially if u live in cities or near the coast with heavy residual rains - the life / quality depreciates.

vinyl gives you quicker results. if someone keys ur car, u can call someone or do it yourself and have a whole new layer by tonight. whereas for paint: u need to call the shop 4 times a week to see if he/she is done with the dam work and they always lag - even professional collision centers.

what happens to the custom green metallic paint when u crash? can the painter ever EVER match it 100%? answer: no.

none of us need paint to last us a lifetime. lifetime is a very general word. some of us will die next year, or in 60 years, or tommorow, or today on our way to see our families during the holidays after finals or work. but will u really own the s2000 for 60 years?

I know a penske race team mechanic who im' fairly close to and he told me there was a huge debate about whether to use vinyl on the formula car, paint it, or leave it for the sake of being lightweight. This is really the only critical issue there is with vinyl imo. other than that, if u have money, if u break the vinyl, just buy a new one and get results instantly.

some people just aren't ready to see vinyl on cars. it's been around for a loooooong time though.

how many of you experience saying on the fone:

you: "hey man this is __(name)__, i called last week to see if the paint is on yet"
him: "no man, im just starting to prep the surface, it should be ready in 3 to 5 days from now"

(5 days later)

you: "hey man whatsup, any progress?"
him: "well, i finished prepping the surface man. im still waiting for some supplies to get shipped so i can start mixing the paint"

if you love paint, you must have learned to love spidercracks
Old 12-17-2009, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by 78kz650sr,Dec 16 2009, 10:59 PM
have you posted this on nsxprime.com???
Old 12-17-2009, 03:15 PM

This is all Vinyl Folks. Not our car but just FYI. AT SEMA 2009.
It fooled alot of people..
Old 12-17-2009, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by krnmike,Dec 17 2009, 04:02 PM
have you posted this on nsxprime.com???
well ive tried creating a username and account on nsxprime, but i need a non free web-based email. so as of now i cant post up on nsxprime.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by 78kz650sr,Dec 17 2009, 04:26 PM
well ive tried creating a username and account on nsxprime, but i need a non free web-based email. so as of now i cant post up on nsxprime.
u know nsx is all aluminum right?

Quick Reply: Had my hood and trunk wrapped in matte black