The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Fresh and Clean // GPW with chrome...and a little oil.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VilleS2K
Running wheels that don't fit and lowering your car to the point where it actually causes damage makes complete sense.

Did I say somewhere that it made sense? It's what I want to do with the car and again since I paid for it I'll do whatever I like with it. Not exactly sure how the wheels "Don't fit"...but I cannot fault you for having a different definition of "Fit" than me. Thanks for providing an opposing view, much appreciated.

Originally Posted by 01lexpl
That thing is beautiful! Well done, and cosigned on the front lip.

I have to ask, does no one make a skid plate for these things? A lot of the VW/Audi Hellflushees get them since you have many options, would it make sense to make one though? Much cheaper and less time consuming than replacing pans & gaskets.
Much thanks! As for the skidplate it's not really necessary IMO because the subframe does hang lower in most places than the oil pan itself, the rock hitting mine was a pretty freak incident and 2" left or right would have never hit the oil pan to begin with. If one was so inclined you could add some 1/4" or 3/8" spacers to the motor mounts to raise it up a bit more as well. Honestly I believe a skid pan would hurt the cooling of the car as the oil pan is finned to aid with cooling, like a huge heatsink.

Originally Posted by jonner
Nice....
Thanks

Originally Posted by brice.hayden
I wish I had enough money to throw away because I was stu.... never mind.
Why censor yourself? Please by all means call me Stupid...I'm sure I could find a reason to call you the same however my morals would keep me from doing that. Enjoy your car the way you drive it and the way you modify it, I'll enjoy mine just as much my way. No comment is a bad comment.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No matter how many oil pans you end up putting on, this type of damage will ultimately keep happening over and over.

I just don't see how someone would risk such an important part of the motor just be low and not "boring"...
Raise back up a bit, slap some good tires on it, and learn how to really drive around some twists and turns..I can guarantee you that you will no longer be bored.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by volkdc2
No matter how many oil pans you end up putting on, this type of damage will ultimately keep happening over and over.

I just don't see how someone would risk such an important part of the motor just be low and not "boring"...
Raise back up a bit, slap some good tires on it, and learn how to really drive around some twists and turns..I can guarantee you that you will no longer be bored.
It's not like I smacked the road itself because I'm "dope low" - the car is 24" Fender to ground which is far from insane for the very low S2000 world, my red S2000 was at the same height and went over 41k on the same oil pan as I bought it with...It has good tires on it, they work exceptionally well and wear great for the price and I have o issues with any handling. Matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet this car is driven harder and more often than most cars appearing in this Gallery as I tend to average 35-40k a year. If you're going fast enough to break traction on "Good tires" on public roads you're not thinking very hard and risking your life/others. It's also a Wheel swap and a height adjustment/alignment away from being set up very well for the track and I have the fender clearance to easily fit 9/10 +45's with 255's on all four corners. Since I'm a Mechanic for a living this is all very easy mindless tasks for me to revert the car to "Track mode" in under an hour. This is a daily driver and the 215/225 F/R setup on these wheels is perfectly manageable in every possible way and doesn't rub even with a passenger and full trunk, it gets me Point A to Point B and makes me smile when I walk out to it after work all while getting 30mpg.

What more is there to want?
Old 03-20-2012, 10:08 PM

another owner.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Froth.
Originally Posted by volkdc2' timestamp='1332292066' post='21528444

It's not like I smacked the road itself because I'm "dope low" - the car is 24" Fender to ground which is far from insane for the very low S2000 world, my red S2000 was at the same height and went over 41k on the same oil pan as I bought it with...It has good tires on it, they work exceptionally well and wear great for the price and I have o issues with any handling. Matter of fact, I'd be willing to bet this car is driven harder and more often than most cars appearing in this Gallery as I tend to average 35-40k a year. If you're going fast enough to break traction on "Good tires" on public roads you're not thinking very hard and risking your life/others. It's also a Wheel swap and a height adjustment/alignment away from being set up very well for the track and I have the fender clearance to easily fit 9/10 +45's with 255's on all four corners. Since I'm a Mechanic for a living this is all very easy mindless tasks for me to revert the car to "Track mode" in under an hour. This is a daily driver and the 215/225 F/R setup on these wheels is perfectly manageable in every possible way and doesn't rub even with a passenger and full trunk, it gets me Point A to Point B and makes me smile when I walk out to it after work all while getting 30mpg.

Do you realize that s2000s in stock form have a tendency to oversteer and kick the back end out pretty easily? And that's with 245s in then rear. You have 225s, which makes it even worse. If I don't say so myself, it appears as if you are the one that's not thinking very clearly and risking the life of yourself and others. This is not a civic, there is no excuse to run less than stock tire sizes for the sake of fitting any wheel. That's just my opinion. Otherwise, the car looks very good and clean. I'd love to own a GPW, but with the beloved red guts
Old 03-21-2012, 01:00 AM

I'm not a fan of the stretched tires and slammed to the point that you're cracking oil pans, but I do appreciate the way you're handling the negativity. No "haters gonna hate" and childish name calling. You seem like an okay guy

Keep doing what makes you happy, even if you ruined the spirit of the s2000 in the process
Old 03-21-2012, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by brice.hayden
another owner.
Yes, I am another owner. Thank you for the shockingly basic observation in your attempt at humor/insult.

Originally Posted by volkdc2
Originally Posted by Froth.' timestamp='1332306702' post='21529041
[quote name='volkdc2' timestamp='1332292066' post='21528444']

Do you realize that s2000s in stock form have a tendency to oversteer and kick the back end out pretty easily? And that's with 245s in then rear. You have 225s, which makes it even worse. If I don't say so myself, it appears as if you are the one that's not thinking very clearly and risking the life of yourself and others. This is not a civic, there is no excuse to run less than stock tire sizes for the sake of fitting any wheel. That's just my opinion. Otherwise, the car looks very good and clean. I'd love to own a GPW, but with the beloved red guts
[/quote]
Yes, I do realize that hence the modifications to the car I drive to keep it from doing so...again it's just a Daily. Also, lets keep in mind that AP1's are 205/225 so I'm not actually hurting the car or making anything unsafe by running 215/225's, Especially without a rear sway bar as the car now pushes more through the corners because of the gained rear traction by removing it. I've thought this all through and done it all "right" because I genuinely care about the car and the way it drives. Everyone can find all the flaws they'd like with the car and it won't hurt my feelings. If you'd like to try something for an experiment it's really easy, Drive around your area at the speed limit in your s2000 being a safe driver like you should be on the streets and you let me know if the 245 or even 255 rear tires break loose or cause issues, Now swap those rear tires out for 215's(I've done this, on AP2V1's) and drive around like a normal citizen at the speed limit and tell me if you can actually feel a difference. Sure, running narrower rear tires CAN be unsafe but we're talking about at the limit of traction during hard cornering...Shouldn't be doing any of that on public roads so as long as the tires are round and they roll I think I'll be just fine. Just say you hate it because you want to, You're allowed to do that.

Originally Posted by rp215
I'm not a fan of the stretched tires and slammed to the point that you're cracking oil pans, but I do appreciate the way you're handling the negativity. No "haters gonna hate" and childish name calling. You seem like an okay guy

Keep doing what makes you happy, even if you ruined the spirit of the s2000 in the process
I appreciate the kind comments! I genuinely enjoy intelligent conversation so I attempt to influence that whenever possible, I genuinely care about the car as much as the owner who keeps it bone stock and barely drives it.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:27 AM

Lol HOW DARE YOU FROTH! you destroyed your Ferrari(Honda). These are cars crafted by zues and the gods.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:40 PM

Lol, thanks. A couple more random shots from the week.