The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Found Diez's Car | ASM S2k - International Auto Show 2011

Old 11-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Community Organizer

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by clarkster009
His fenders are custom widened OEM ones, correct?
yessir.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:05 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by viNz86
Originally Posted by Corey Maurer' timestamp='1322148612' post='21183580
I can no longer hold my tongue.. I honestly dont see what the hype is about "best s200 ever" I just dont get it, yes its clean, of course (was way better before) but just because you buy the most rediculously expensive parts in the world I am supposed to absolutely love it? I dont get it.. honestly if I saw this car in a lineup I would look right over it.. *Puts on flame suit*
I think it's because diez was one of the first to introduce such a high quality build to the community and really showed us a different potentials and tastes for the s2k (correct me if I am wrong since I haven't been on s2ki for a long time). Like everyone said, all the parts flowed and were very rare. I believe there is a slight twin in UK, his car is amazing too esp with that hardtop !

I prefer the old setup as well, but I'm happy that the new owner (if there is one!?) changed the car to his/her personal taste - I can respect that even though it will always be known as "deiz'" car haha

Thanks for the pics, wish I got to see it in person!!!
Agreed. I haven’t been on long either (only since 07) but even since then, I can hardly think of a build that matches his. Who had ASM doors back then, Amuse brakes? or an Amuse hardtop—I don’t even know who else has the amuse hardtop NOW! The great body work, attention to detail, down to the custom old school Honda badges.

For me, it’s all the TASTEFUL mods, without overdoing it. No huge GT wing, bright orange wheels, or fake parts—everything just flowed and it was subtle yet awesome. There is hardly anyone now that puts this much time, effort and detail into their builds. I’m sure he inspired many people.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:26 PM
UK Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
I don’t even know who else has the amuse hardtop NOW!
I do

Chris.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:54 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

the notority of this car is staggering. i love it. when i look up perfection in the dictionary, there is no definition, just pictures of this car.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:50 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

a new exhaust was necessary for the turbo setup, i'm sure. and a wing to keep it on the ground. that's all that's been done isn't it?? at least it looks more functional and like less of a show car than it did before. this has been my favorite car since i saw Diez's thread, but i don't see what all the disappointment is about. looks like it might actually get driven now.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

purists =
Old 11-30-2011, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loved the old set up A LOT more. Less is more in this case.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WET.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow....I'm overwhelmed at seeing pics of my baby...I don't know what to say...I truly regret letting her go ...Just something that had to happen at that time. I'm not going to comment on the way the car has been changed...but thanks to everyone who have complimented my choices and execution...Its really validating, uplifting and humbling at the same time. I've been gone from the S2k community for a few years now...but I saw a red S2k the other day and I got a hankering again...What a timeless classic. It was sweet that someone said it would always be my car
Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Diez
Wow....I'm overwhelmed at seeing pics of my baby...I don't know what to say...I truly regret letting her go ...Just something that had to happen at that time. I'm not going to comment on the way the car has been changed...but thanks to everyone who have complimented my choices and execution...Its really validating, uplifting and humbling at the same time. I've been gone from the S2k community for a few years now...but I saw a red S2k the other day and I got a hankering again...What a timeless classic. It was sweet that someone said it would always be my car

Quick Reply: Found Diez's Car | ASM S2k - International Auto Show 2011