The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Cwest dry carbon fenders

Old 03-09-2005, 07:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kane.s2k,Mar 9 2005, 06:49 PM
Race part...lol , none of these cars will ever see race use.

I had my door painted primer on my civic at one point because I had to have it painted some other time (school time constraints). It doesn't look hot. Especially when a little kid asks her mom why they're two different colors (first big hint it looks weird).
It needs actual matching paint or have the whole car in the same dry c/f. Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's tasteful. Those parts painted would look awesome
Not really.... those parts painted will look... well OEM.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not really. It's dry C/F...not wet. You'll still see the weaves under the paint.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:16 PM

I don't see how the heck you guys think that looks good. You can find better ways of going fast and save weight. If you guys had full race cars and you were trying to save every bit of weight, then I could somewhat understand. These are street cars though. You won't gain anything from them, the cars look like crap and chicks don't dig that garbage. Sorry, but that's just my opinion.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:25 PM

I bought mine for the offset
Old 03-09-2005, 08:29 PM

I don't see what all the fuss is about. These fenders clearly are made for bigger wheel and brake set-up. Therefore if you got bbk and running spacer you'll need wider fenders. Rolling your oem is a possibility but it will still rub and looks like shiet. I've seen oem rolled in person, and it looks all bang up. Secondly these are rare pieces, yeah they are dry carbon and may not look good just like that. Putting a clear coat on will definitely enhance the look, which both my these guys are going to do. Lastly I don't understand why most people buy like so called JDM shiet like oil caps, radiator cap, and small shiet in their engine and nobody flame on that. Just my .02!
Old 03-09-2005, 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=S2K_408,Mar 9 2005, 11:29 PM] I don't see what all the fuss is about. These fenders clearly are made for bigger wheel and brake set-up. Therefore if you got bbk and running spacer you'll need wider fenders. Rolling your oem is a possibility but it will still rub and looks like shiet. I've seen oem rolled in person, and it looks all bang up. Secondly these are rare pieces, yeah they are dry carbon and may not look good just like that. Putting a clear coat on will definitely enhance the look, which both my these guys are going to do. Lastly I don't understand why most people buy like so called JDM shiet like oil caps, radiator cap, and small shiet in their engine and nobody flame on that. Just my .02!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:26 PM

Here are my thoughts. The reason I want to get them is becuase I like them, and I appreciate what they are. I don't care about some kid that asks his mom about, "why does that car have 2 different color." Instead, I can go to an event and someone there a looks at the feders and says, "NIce fenders!!! Are those the cwest dry carbon fenders?" That's what nice abot that. Not for ur everday person that thinks he knows about cars, since they have seen the fast and teh furious. People that really appreciate that one peice makes it.. WHo cares if a ricer thinks that is wack becuase they have some kit that he bought off of ebay... and has some poor quality z3 carbon fiber fender that don't align. I am doing ths for the way i wanna set up the car.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:28 PM

faukengenius and JsAP1 ur cars are beautiful.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:17 PM

If these CF fenders costs only $100-200 each, I dont think anybody would think they look nice.....
Old 03-10-2005, 04:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kane.s2k,Mar 10 2005, 12:53 AM
not really. It's dry C/F...not wet. You'll still see the weaves under the paint.
kane, its not dry carbon. its what c-west calls carbon composite material. the doors, hood and rear quarters are dry carbon honeycomb.

Quick Reply: Cwest dry carbon fenders