The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Cwest dry carbon fenders

Old 03-09-2005, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This has gone to far. If you have CF fenders, paint them please. It looks like primered metal fenders. There is no magical CF fairy that makes them sparkle in person either, they still look like unpainted fenders. Unless your whole car is CF, don't leave just bit's and pieces of it unpainted. That looks disgustiing.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People want to show off how much they can spend on fenders I guess.

To me, they are ugly and not functional on a street car.

The reason these fenders, along with ASM, J's, etc. are made is to run a non staggered wheel tire setup. If you don't do this, you are missing the point.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:00 PM

HEY GUYS I STIL GOT OEM. THIS IS A RACE PART. NOW IF I WAS WORRIED ABOUT HOW "PRETTY MY CAR LOOKED ID PAINT THEM." AND NO I DONT THINK THE OEM LOOKS CHEAP LIKE CHRIS SAID, BUT THATS HIW OPINION.
CHEERS
Old 03-09-2005, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by S2kRob,Mar 9 2005, 03:52 PM

The reason these fenders, along with ASM, J's, etc. are made is to run a non staggered wheel tire setup. If you don't do this, you are missing the point.
GET REAL MAN
YOU ARE RIGHT AND IM RUNNING THE 17X9 IN THE FRONT AND WHEN MY FENDERS COME IN ILL LEAVE THEM UNPAINTED.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2kRob,Mar 9 2005, 06:52 PM

I will paint the fenders regardless if they are dry CF or not.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:52 PM

I have a set sitting on my couch as we speak and I have a Berlina and have every intention of painting tham along with my J's vented hood for a nice stealth look
Question for you guys that have already installed them : did you use the stock liner - my concern is that the tabs that hold the liner are in the stock location and should still get hit! I am running work Emotions with 47 offset, I assumed I would have to cut the tabs off of the CF fenders to clear the wheel!
Any input?
Old 03-09-2005, 04:10 PM

you will have to dremel the tab points off or else you'll be risking a higher chance of cracking them at those points.

FYI the driver side will fit perfect the passenger side will require that you put a hole to where you would bolt the fender and the front bumper.

if you have any other questions ask away.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:14 PM

Thanks for the heads up Is your liner just not attached at the top? I was thinking about reinforcing the inner lip of the fender with some resin around the wheel opening - it seems a bit flexible and I was wondering if I should replace the inner reinforment panels that you see on the underside of the OEM fenders!
Old 03-09-2005, 05:36 PM

The matte look of the fenders makes the car look sort of unfinished. A nice clearcoat would make it look REAL good. Either that or get the matching dry carbon doors, rear fender, and bumpers
Old 03-09-2005, 05:49 PM

Race part...lol , none of these cars will ever see race use.

I had my door painted primer on my civic at one point because I had to have it painted some other time (school time constraints). It doesn't look hot. Especially when a little kid asks her mom why they're two different colors (first big hint it looks weird).
It needs actual matching paint or have the whole car in the same dry c/f. Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's tasteful. Those parts painted would look awesome

Quick Reply: Cwest dry carbon fenders