The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

couldn't resist any more

Old 06-27-2007, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good work and nice results
would you have to get the wheels balanced now? or did it not remove alot of metal?
Old 06-27-2007, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lookin good...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by SB2007,Jun 27 2007, 08:47 AM
One of these would be great for polishing the bolts:

http://eastwood.resultspage.com/search?p=Q...ustom&w=tumbler
i'm gonna check around and see if anyone i know has one, but if not then they're not in bad enough shape to justify the purchase of a tumbler. probably just gonna take a rotary buffer with some metal polish and sit down and do each by hand. really shouldn't take that long.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=cuonice,Jun 27 2007, 12:59 PM] You should be a hand model........
Old 06-27-2007, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by spdemon12384,Jun 27 2007, 01:48 PM
good work and nice results
would you have to get the wheels balanced now? or did it not remove alot of metal?
it really didn't remove any metal, just all the dirt and brake dust and other shit that was caked on. if anything it should be balanced better now, at least as good as it was when the wheel was new. they'll have to be balanced when the tires get mounted anyways though, so i'm not worried about it.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:45 AM

Lookin' good so far This is gonna be a tough project, but stick to it and the results will be extremely rewarding If you come across any problems, or have any questions just PM me bro, I went through the same thing when I re-finished my Blitzs'.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious, but where did you get that extension with the steel wool stuff for your drill?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:12 PM

walmart. 3 bucks for the 12" extension and 4 bucks for the stainless wire brush.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sspicollo8,Jun 27 2007, 11:04 AM
your mom likes it when my hands are soft
Touch
Old 08-11-2007, 11:26 PM

so i've been draggin my feet a lot with everything, but i'm finally really close to having them finished. i've still got the two shells in the last pic above to clean, but that can easily be finished in a day. still have to do that, polish the lips, MAYBE take a stab at polishing the bolts (but probably not), buy/order a bunch of new nuts, and then reassemble and get the tires mounted. i bought a few different types of paint for the wheel centers to try and paint them myself, but less than 20 minutes into the job (still in the sanding phase, hadn't even thought about paint) i knew i wouldn't be satisfied and called it quits. the 2 industrial powdercoat places i found remotely close were gonna charge me around 100 bucks per wheel center, so i talked to some friends and was recommended racecoated.com. from what i know, it's a single man company, but the guy advertises on a lot of the honda boards and does tons of car related work. everything i could find about him had great reviews and his prices were waaaaaaay better than the locals, so i decided to give him a try. so far he has been AWESOME. i've been extremely picky about what i want on these, and he's been very helpful in showing me everything he can offer. none of this really matters until i get the wheels back and see how they turn out, but i felt i should go ahead and mention how great the customer service has been. 5-15 business day turn around and right now i'm on day 4, so we'll see.

here's a few pics that he sent me. all i did was send him the wheels and tell him to just pick the silver he had that was the absolute closest to the current color, since i don't really even want to change the color, just restore the condition. the crushed silver was the closest match he had in stock without having to order another color and charge extra, so i said go for it. it's slightly brighter and more metallic, but i think it'll look perfect unless you have a real, original type-01 next to it to compare to. it'll also be a better match to the sebring silver of my car, so i think that may work out really nicely.

i've had the lug nuts sitting around for a few weeks too. for a while i really wanted to do some nice aftermarket lugs, but i decided that with the silver car, silver wheels, polished lips, blue/red/black/etc. lugs wouldn't flow at all. i really thought about some of the kics neochrono r26 lugs as they would be very understated but still be a badass jdm-ish part to match the wheels, but i'm still really unsure about those, plus they're a lot of money. one of my friends has a set of neochro r40's, so once i get the wheels on the car i may give those a test fit and see how i feel. for now though, these will get the job done nicely and should flow very well with the wheels. at less than 30 bucks for the set, can't complain at all.

linky:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...15&autoview=sku

gotta be up in 3 hours for an autocross... bed time. enjoy.

Quick Reply: couldn't resist any more