The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

check out this s2000!!

Old 01-30-2003, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm keep kickin myself for not making the trip out there... I definatly have to go next year!!!!!
Old 01-31-2003, 01:13 PM

That's funny... I seem to remember standing at that exact same spot last summer (but there was a type r instead of an s2000 there).
You would not believe how small that shop is. I have seen service stations here in the US with garages bigger than that.. He had some really cool s2k stuff there...
I talked with him for awhile and he told me alot about that car. The wheels that are on that s2000 are a perfect fit but they race the car on a lot of high speed ovals. The camber is there for a reason... to tear up the track! He was telling me that they had to get some billet pieces made to allow the team to dial in that much neg. camber! He actually told me that the wheels are the same width at all four corners (i think the tires are the same as well) and has found that to be the optimum setup for the majority of tracks that they run! So all the hooplah with so many of the members of the board about staggered wheel sizes i don't think always holds true.
Interestingly, he had an s2000 bottom end on his desk that was warped (something was lost in the translation so i can't remeber exactly all of the details) Oh well it was a fun stop and one of the few places where I was able to communicate with someone (unlike Mugen)
Old 02-01-2003, 07:02 PM

your very lucky i wish i could go there but thats not happeneing !
thats cool tho
Old 02-04-2003, 07:08 AM

The internet and the people (and I use the term lightly in this case) on it crack me up.

[rant]

First they bash all the poor "rice boys" (not a term I promote the use of either) for having their Altezza tail lights, non functional wings, and other "mods" that do not serve any function. Then in the next breath when a pic of a car is posted that is a NO NONSENSE RACE car fully capable of handing their stock "voodoo shift knob - equipped" S2000 its basically stock little butt on a track they poo poo it as well.

Lets look at the car.....

- FRP Hood with Vents to eliviate high-pressure build up in
engine bay and improve downforce.
- CF GT Wing (wind tunnel tested and designed) to improve
high speed cornering performance.
- Roll bar to allow it to compete in competitions that most of
the cars on this board can't dream about.
- CF Front Cannards to improve downforce
- Extremely aggressive stance (note: no fender liners) because
this car is set up for the TRACK.
- Bride racing bucket with Takata harneses.
- You can't see it in this pic, but that car also has a CF trunk to
save bout 15 lbs. As well as a carbon fiber rear diffuser to
again improve the car's aerodynamic profile.

Thats not even touching whats done under the hood, just external mods that can be seen. About the only mods not designed for the track on this car *might* be the front bumper (which I think is pretty bad ass anyway and probably is lighter than the urethane stocker so that might even be a bad argument) and the passenger seat.

As for the comments about the Gold color, its Top Secret's car, thats what they do, they paint their cars Gold, that is their color. If ya didn't know that then you probably don't know that they have been building top speed cars way longer than you or I have owned our s2000s (in fact I think I have only seen a couple of Top Secret cars that WERENT gold inc. the white supra).

[/rant]

Sorry to rant folks, but I am at work and stressed as it is and I thought I would come on S2ki to peep some pics and then I see these kinds of statements and it gets under the skin

Thanks for posting the TAS pics, that S2K is hot, probably only eclipsed by the black CWest race car also depicted in this thread.

Cheers!
-J