The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Brand new HKS Hi-Power exhaust

Old 04-14-2010, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering, is there a silencer available?
Old 04-14-2010, 04:26 PM

i found my next exhaust
Old 04-14-2010, 04:33 PM

ya know thats not very responseable driving like that on public roads!! could be children around!!! ahhh jerks!!!

lololol JK sounds sick

Old 04-14-2010, 05:10 PM

I noticed no loss in power coming from my t1r EM dual. I did notice an increase over stock tho, deffinatly in the mid to high end.

Really tho, exhausts should be bought based off looks and sound. IMO

I love my HKS single tho
Old 04-14-2010, 05:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by id003,Apr 14 2010, 05:10 PM
I noticed no loss in power coming from my t1r EM dual. I did notice an increase over stock tho, deffinatly in the mid to high end.

Really tho, exhausts should be bought based off looks and sound. IMO

I love my HKS single tho
Noticed as in butt dyno?

"Exhausts should be bought based off looks and sound."

Are you serious? I'm utterly speechless. Am I gonna hear the same argument owners of previous HKS exhausts make again? "Since bolt ons don't make much power on NA s2k anyway, whether there's a gain or not isn't a big issue. Even if there are some gains, you won't notice it."
Old 04-14-2010, 08:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think im just gonna stick with stock exhaust and get a vacuum assisted cut-out when i go turbo this fall. Irishflame has one i believe. Just like an internal wastegate, just in a larger application on your downpipe/exhaust. I think hes using a 10lb spring.

I would think that a company as large as HKS would have released numbers by now if in fact it were substantial or even noticable. It has been some time since this piece was released and even the masses who have purchased have not taken the time nor money to find results. If they have they are not sharing. Me thinks there isnt much to share.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well according to HKS they "found" that 75mm is the optimal size piping for most HP for N/A

Just wish they posted what they found
Old 04-15-2010, 03:57 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

I hope you guys don't think you're going to be able to feel a difference in the exhaust even if it turns out to make +10 hp or so.

I previously had the t1r 70em on my car and despite the fact that it had proven gains on the dyno the car felt exactly the same as stock.

Want to really get the most out of your exhaust and free up flow then ditch the cat. I didn't notice any difference I could feel until I put a testpipe on the car. Not a huge difference but I actually felt like I could notice something.

I've since sold the catback but left the testpipe on my car. Verdict....car still feels the same. I'm sure maybe it's lost a few hp but I'm convinced the biggest restriction is the stock cat. Of course the fact that a single drops 30-40lbs off the car is always nice but as far as hp gains don't expect to really notice anything at all.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by sjs0433,Apr 15 2010, 06:57 AM
I hope you guys don't think you're going to be able to feel a difference in the exhaust even if it turns out to make +10 hp or so.

I previously had the t1r 70em on my car and despite the fact that it had proven gains on the dyno the car felt exactly the same as stock.

Want to really get the most out of your exhaust and free up flow then ditch the cat. I didn't notice any difference I could feel until I put a testpipe on the car. Not a huge difference but I actually felt like I could notice something.

I've since sold the catback but left the testpipe on my car. Verdict....car still feels the same. I'm sure maybe it's lost a few hp but I'm convinced the biggest restriction is the stock cat. Of course the fact that a single drops 30-40lbs off the car is always nice but as far as hp gains don't expect to really notice anything at all.
I think your butt dyno needs calibrating.

On my car I went from stock to invidia v3 dual and felt a gain. Little bit down low, and a fair amount from vtec crossover to redline.

Then back to stock to modify the invidia and i felt the loss in power. It was easier to feel the loss in power than to feel the gain. It was definately there.

From that I went to invidia v3 main pipe to a custom 3" single from the resonator back, and felt even more gains from either setup. Low end felt the same as the v3, top end opened up a LOT from the v3.

Dyno or not, km convinced 3" is the optimal size, based on my experiences alone.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:55 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

^all along did you have the stock cat or a test pipe?

Quick Reply: Brand new HKS Hi-Power exhaust