The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

Amuse contd...

Old 05-22-2006, 09:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Guedo512,May 21 2006, 11:40 PM
thats just insane.

im not sure i would wan't to drive it, its so pretty.
Thanks! Oh, not to worry, it WILL be driven. he he. Of course if it starts raining while I'm driving I'm going to be pissed!!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by WyattH,May 22 2006, 01:47 AM
Plans for the engine?

Looks fabulous.
The car is pretty new, so I didn't want to take the engine apart so for now just mainly bolt ons. J's header, intake, big bore throttle body, and you know some typical engine bay accoutrements..
Old 05-22-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by trunger,May 22 2006, 01:24 PM
my goodness..

diez a question, are you going to be putting on a honda badge i think you should.. to finish it off.. it looks spectacularly clean..

are you going to have a diff setup for the street?
Well, originally I was planning on badging it. But once I took them all off I kinda liked it. don't know. That's the cool thing if I ever change my mind its just a matter of putting them on as I have them, sooo.. And no, this is my only setup!!
Old 05-22-2006, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by mav,May 22 2006, 10:54 AM
Insane. When are you coming to a local meet? Speaking for most in the club, we would all love to see your car in person.
Hey Mav!

Yes, I'm dying to take it to one of the meets!! It seems like I've been building this forever!!! Soon I hope, I'd love to meet all you guys!!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by 1AP12NV,May 22 2006, 11:44 AM
Diez, I don't normally post on the gallery "ooooo-ing" and "ahhhhh-ing" over other people's cars, but I really have to hand it to you. In my opinion you have built a vehicle for the connoisseur and you've put it together in a clean, mature looking fashion.

Well done! 2 x

I for one, am completely inspired by your work and attention to detail. In fact I am highly tempted to ditch my current exterior setup in favor of a more clean look integrating the Amuse bumper! Who wants to buy a hybrid aero Ings kit????
Wow man, thanks so much really...I'm honored. I completely understand what you mean. I've been inspired by other people's cars and I'm flattered that I could do that for other people!!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by circa86,May 22 2006, 12:06 PM
He didn't build this car to get peoples attention.

Diez knows what is wrong with 90% of car enthusiasts, 90% of car "enthusiasts" are not enthusiasts at all, they are just enthusiastic about being different, being noticed by others, and being able to mindlessly brag about mechanics of their car that never are truly utilized

Diez is not this, Diez is a conniesuir.
I'm blushing circa86!! I can't give thanks enough! Yeah, I just sort of like what I like and if people don't like it thats cool...But if people like it, I'm flattered!! really! And yes, I could care less if this car gets noticed by the general public or if it goes to shows or, etc. etc. If it ends up that way then great, but if not, thats cool too! The only show it has to perform in is in my garage when I put a sleeping bag next to it and cuddle with it!! You can tell I don't have a girlfriend right now right?!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:17 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by circa86,May 22 2006, 12:06 PM
Diez is not this, Diez is a conniesuir.
This reminds me of a quote from Gone in 60 Seconds...

Memphis: I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me.
Roger the Car Salesman: Well, a Ferrari would certainly change that.
Memphis: Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam...
Roger the Car Salesman: You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.
Memphis: Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by mav,May 22 2006, 02:17 PM
This reminds me of a quote from Gone in 60 Seconds...

Memphis: I've been in L.A. for three months now. I have money, I have taste. But I'm not on anybody's "A" list, and Saturday night is the loneliest night for the week for me.
Roger the Car Salesman: Well, a Ferrari would certainly change that.
Memphis: Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam...
Roger the Car Salesman: You would not be a self-indulgent wiener, sir... You'd be a connoisseur.
Memphis: Precisely. Champagne would fall from the heavens. Doors would open. Velvet ropes would part.

Hahahaha!! I can't believe it, I thought of the same passage in the movie!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

badass. love everything. but you need a wing. bys or oem would look great.

also i wouldve preferred if you molded the front bumper fender extensions. it just looks out of place when its not molded. just my opinion.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahahaha right on Mav, I thought of that too... now seriously to find a buyer for my current bodywork =P

Diez, if you don't mind me asking, do you have a figure for what the metal work and finishing work on the fenders cost you?

I'd be interested to see if that was a more financially reasonable alternative to the more costly and fragile carbon fiber setups out there.

Quick Reply: Amuse contd...