The S2000 Gallery Cornucopia of sight and sound! Show your friends your S2000 photos, S2000 images, S2000 photochops and S2000 videos.

2004 Conversion/Conversions......Pics and How-tos

Old 02-25-2004, 03:06 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2004 Conversion/Conversions......Pics and How-tos

Since I converted my 2001 to something around a 2002.5 I've received numerous PM's asking for more pictures, prices, problems, installation help, etc...

I do not mind helping what-so-ever, but figured there are enough of us around who have done the conversion that maybe we should have a thread to cover things for people. One can piece the puzzle together through many seperate threads, but I think many people still have questions.

This is the Photo Gallery so, here are pictures of what some of the 2004 conversions look like:

I have the 2004 OEM Front Bumper Cover, 2004 Front Lip, 2004 Rear *Wing*, 2004 Plug Cover

First of all - Everything is a direct fit! The Front Bumper Cover and Front Lip take a little extra work, but relatively simple.

Prices: (these are rough estimates off the top of my head - not what I paid or what you may pay)

2004 Front Bumper Cover $170 (does not come painted)
2004 Front Lip $325 (comes painted)
2004 Rear Wing $450 (comes painted)
2004 Plug Cover $75

You will need extra pieces for the Front Bumper Cover....still rough prices

-grill $40
-grill hardware $10
-tow hook cover $15 (painted)
-Honda badge backing $8
-Plate backing $8
-Plate Plugs $10 (painted)
-Plate Holder $25

Problems: (I had)

-Not shaving down two prongs on the inner bumper will cause nipples on your bumper cover, and possible spider cracks in your paint
-fitment of the bumper cover is difficult with the styrofoam backing
-your inner fender linings will not stretch to attach to the Front Lip (I have not had any issues with this so far)
-I learned the hard way that there are two different shades of Silverstone, so take your car to the paint shop

Installation:

I'm not going to do a thorough run through of the whole set-up process. It is the same as putting on your current bumper. I did use the headlight diffuser changing guide on www.ricks2k.com to see where all the bolts were, and to have the right equipment ready. Putting the bumper on is an acquired practice - if you are too rough with it, you can crack your paint or damage vital hardware - but - force may be needed!

After getting the bumper on, everything may not line up perfectly. Adjusting bolts may be needed for better fitment, but after two days of driving around my bumper seemed to fall into place. I do suggest checking your bolts after two days!

I do need to apologize for not being more thorough with this post - I hope some others will post up and help out.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i heard the lights are a little bit of a pain is this true
Old 02-25-2004, 06:03 AM

where did u get the lip for 325...,thanks in advance
Old 02-25-2004, 07:36 AM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by socold57
where did u get the lip for 325...,thanks in advance

Originally posted by Poindexter

Prices: (these are rough estimates off the top of my head - not what I paid or what you may pay)

I just want to say that I posted those prices up as ROUGH ESTIMATES. Like I said, these are not the prices I paid nor the ones you may pay. I posted these off the top of my head. I have added so much to my car that I cannot remember the exact dollar amounts for everything.

As far as the lip is concerned, I may have posted a price that is a bit low - sorry for that. Everything I bought was through the Honda store I work at. Hardtopguy seems to be a bit less than what we can sell things to customers for, so check him out
Old 02-25-2004, 08:19 AM

Can we see more pics of the spoiler, im looking into gettin an '04 in september w/ the spoiler.
Old 02-25-2004, 08:35 AM

front bumper is $298 retail
Old 02-25-2004, 08:36 AM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by RSXster
Can we see more pics of the spoiler, im looking into gettin an '04 in september w/ the spoiler.

Hope these help a little more

Old 02-26-2004, 06:17 AM

I agree with everything Pointy has said. The fitment of the '04 front bumper on my '00 was seamless, with the exception of 2 things: 1) had to remove the foam inner bumper, and 2) the fender lining underneath does not match up with the new bumper. If you want, you can purchase the '04 fender liners to get an absolutely perfect fit. I believe hardtopguy sells them for @ $130.

Here are some pics:

I really love the more aggressive look of the new lip, and think it flows pretty well with my sides and rear. I was originally going to go with the J's Racing front, but the lines just didn't match up with the rest of my pieces. All in all, I'm VERY happy with my choice. You just can't fade Honda OEM quality & fitment.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:30 PM

Okay I am about to do this too. One question willl the plate covers I have on my 01 still plug into my 04 bumper? Im also doing the rear bumpe if you know of any issues there please let me know.

thank
Old 01-19-2005, 05:55 PM

Please, someone keep this thread alive. I have tons of questions...
It looks as though both of you didnt do the splash guard, do you need to? Any movement, etc? Also, with an 04 rear, how off is the exhaust? Any pics before tips? I wanna do the rear, but im afraid with my exhaust.... Also, with the front bumper, can you properly attach the OEM spoiler without the upgraded splashguards? Sorry, but Im a picky bastard and I want it done properly. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Brandon

Quick Reply: 2004 Conversion/Conversions......Pics and How-tos