S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

which is your preference for oil feed?

Old 09-17-2012, 08:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a pressure drop as the oil moves upward to the head, then in addition to the pressure drop there is now a oil feed that is using an X amount of oil that is usually lubricating the valve train. Just wondering.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive heard that the vtec pressure switch location can have flucuating oil pressure escpecially in rpms below vtec. dont know if thats true or not. which do you think would have the highest and most stable oil pressure; sandwich adapter or the factory oil pressure switch?
Old 09-17-2012, 12:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 08s2000CRbackinblack
ive heard that the vtec pressure switch location can have flucuating oil pressure escpecially in rpms below vtec. dont know if thats true or not. which do you think would have the highest and most stable oil pressure; sandwich adapter or the factory oil pressure switch?
I haven't had any issues thus far using the vtec oil pressure port as my old feed. What type of manifold are you going to use?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by 08s2000CRbackinblack
I can assure you the oil pressure is good at the vtec pressure switch location. Just had to get my turbo rebuilt because oil was getting pushed by the seals.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by s2knoob89
Originally Posted by 08s2000CRbackinblack' timestamp='1347914332' post='22018414
I can assure you the oil pressure is good at the vtec pressure switch location. Just had to get my turbo rebuilt because oil was getting pushed by the seals.

DO NOT use the VTec pressure switch to feed the turbo. When VTec is engaged there is not adequate pressure to feed to the turbo and to the head.

Where are you guys getting your info from, there is not one manufacturer of turbo kits I have ever seen that would back this? Have you measured the pressure at the port durning VTec engagment?

Do the research if you don't believe me, try looking up the oil Mase kits and see how they were run. Then look at the later models and I will let you guess why the change was made.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would somone put a pressure gauge on it and solve this once and for all?
EDIT:Can't spel wel
Old 09-17-2012, 06:07 PM

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

What location did Mase move the oil feed to the turbo to? I'm thinking about ditching my reocation kit since the Full Race manifold doesn't require using one and I was taking my feed from the relocation block on the block of the engine.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MisMyS
DO NOT use the VTec pressure switch to feed the turbo. When VTec is engaged there is not adequate pressure to feed to the turbo and to the head.

Where are you guys getting your info from, there is not one manufacturer of turbo kits I have ever seen that would back this? Have you measured the pressure at the port durning VTec engagment?

Do the research if you don't believe me, try looking up the oil Mase kits and see how they were run. Then look at the later models and I will let you guess why the change was made.
Exactly my thought as posted above.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by hybridsol
Would somone put a pressure gauge on it and solve this once and for all?
EDIT:Can't spel wel
Going to order some stuff from summit today.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 AM

Don't supercharger sandwich plates run off the vtec oil switch?

Quick Reply: which is your preference for oil feed?