S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

WTF, car is all over the place WOT abobe 100MPH

Old 06-03-2011, 05:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 20002point2l
again, reverting to stock suspension will be your cure. the s2000 becomes light in the rear on a stiffer suspension setup and with the power you are making. Call inline pro, all of there drag cars run stock suspension for this very reason. I originally called them when I was having this very issue and they told me they could not keep the car straight towards the end of the track either(100+ mph) with a few different coilover setups and once the car had been put back to stock suspension wise there were no issues.

So what ur saying is every guy in the racing and competition forum that runs track events and hits 100plus on the straights with there aftermarket suspensions has an uncontrollable car?

I have tein ra on my car and had it pegged in 6th gear. Car was stable.

Joey ur alignment or tires are an issue. Or something broke or wore out.

U were fine till new tires so I think it's pressure or alignment related.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman
Originally Posted by 20002point2l' timestamp='1307146182' post='20647498
again, reverting to stock suspension will be your cure. the s2000 becomes light in the rear on a stiffer suspension setup and with the power you are making. Call inline pro, all of there drag cars run stock suspension for this very reason. I originally called them when I was having this very issue and they told me they could not keep the car straight towards the end of the track either(100+ mph) with a few different coilover setups and once the car had been put back to stock suspension wise there were no issues.

So what ur saying is every guy in the racing and competition forum that runs track events and hits 100plus on the straights with there aftermarket suspensions has an uncontrollable car?

I have tein ra on my car and had it pegged in 6th gear. Car was stable.

Joey ur alignment or tires are an issue. Or something broke or wore out.

U were fine till new tires so I think it's pressure or alignment related.

Did i say everybody would have this issue? clearly not. I am just stating from personal experience with the same power and tq numbers that this is most likely the cause. I had tein src's and once i went from a greddy kit at 330whp to my new setup, the car would not hook. Plain and simple. The hp and tq come on too hard/fast and disrupt the rear tires causing the car to loose traction. the softer stock rear suspension enables more weight to be transfered to the rear wheels, thus keeping traction loss to a minimum.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:10 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, It def is not as pronounced in low boost................

FML
Old 06-03-2011, 07:14 PM

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

I'd look at what has changed since the last time he drove the car, and that change is the tires. If he had no issues before, and now is, the likely suspects are either the wheels weren't balanced correctly, the tire pressure is off, they weren't installed correctly or there is a tire defect. A badly rutted road, ie tramlining could also be a factor, but I'd look at the things you recently changed first.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul Coughing
I'd look at what has changed since the last time he drove the car, and that change is the tires. If he had no issues before, and now is, the likely suspects are either the wheels weren't balanced correctly, the tire pressure is off, they weren't installed correctly or there is a tire defect. A badly rutted road, ie tramlining could also be a factor, but I'd look at the things you recently changed first.
x2, if his car wasn't doing this before, and there hasn't been a change in his suspension, why would the suspension be a problem? i dont think he even has coilovers?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136
Im running hankook v12 evo tires and EVERY time I swap out the rears for new ones it does this for the first thousand miles or so. I think I even made a thread about it on s2ki somewhere, I was with alanpikku though, it happens to me around 80mph, gets all floaty and its REALLY hard to control the direction of the car. Once the tires get worn in a little bit then it will go away. The first time, i got an alignment, lowered the tire psi, got REaligned because it still didnt go away, finally said f*ck it and was just careful, then it eventually went away. If your not hurting in the wallet maybe just do a big burnout real quick and see if it makes it better

However I wouldnt rule out some of the suggestions these (probably way more experienced) guys are giving, as I dont remember having this problem for about the first 2 years of having the car, and now it does it every time i get new tires, (im on espelirs ASDs) so maybe you, myself and a few others just have some worn suspension parts that could be causing it to do this when we get new tires?
Funny, because I had the same tires!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:47 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

are the tires directional? Maybe they installed one backwards?
Old 06-04-2011, 05:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont think there directional s, they just say "outside" on them, no arrows though?
Old 06-04-2011, 06:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the "outside" is on the outside then the direction is fine. How much camber are you running? it can take a while for the tyres to wear into the camber. the contact patch is a lot smaller untill the tyres have worn into it.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably because your car is too f@#king fast?

Quick Reply: WTF, car is all over the place WOT abobe 100MPH