S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Wiring AEM wideband gauge into AEM ems series 2

Old 08-18-2011, 08:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wiring AEM wideband gauge into AEM ems series 2

First thing first. I have done a lot of searching to find the answer to this, and I am fairly sure I know what to do, but I want to be 100% before I start my supercharge installation this weekend. This is really the last thing on my list that I don't exactly what to do with it.

Here is what I have - (30-4100) http://www.aemelectronics.com/wideba...fuel-gauge-25/

I am planning to replace my factory o2 sensor that is currently in my header with the wideband one that comes with the kit (correct?). My question is, do I just unplug the factory o2 sensor and keep it for later (when I need to pass emissions)? Then, I know the white wire from the wideband gauge needs to plug into pin c16 in the aem ems. Do I just cut the factory wire and replace it with the white wire from the gauge, or can I just splice it in since the factory o2 sensor will be unplugged?? Will it work either way? Every thread I have read seems to use the word splice, that is the part that has me confused a little.

Then, can I just leave the o2 sensor that is in the cat?? The AEM doesn't use that reading anyways, correct??

Thank you in advance
Old 08-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spapdx
First thing first. I have done a lot of searching to find the answer to this, and I am fairly sure I know what to do, but I want to be 100% before I start my supercharge installation this weekend. This is really the last thing on my list that I don't exactly what to do with it.

Here is what I have - (30-4100) http://www.aemelectr...-fuel-gauge-25/

I am planning to replace my factory o2 sensor that is currently in my header with the wideband one that comes with the kit (correct?). My question is, do I just unplug the factory o2 sensor and keep it for later (when I need to pass emissions)? Then, I know the white wire from the wideband gauge needs to plug into pin c16 in the aem ems. Do I just cut the factory wire and replace it with the white wire from the gauge, or can I just splice it in since the factory o2 sensor will be unplugged?? Will it work either way? Every thread I have read seems to use the word splice, that is the part that has me confused a little.

Then, can I just leave the o2 sensor that is in the cat?? The AEM doesn't use that reading anyways, correct??

Thank you in advance
You can do it either way but i cut mine! Since the factory o2'2 will be gone there will be no signal down the c16 wire so you could splice in. My tuner told me he has had issues with them being spliced even though the sensor were gone so thats why i just cut mine!
Hope that helps!

Old 08-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GoOn3
You can do it either way but i cut mine! Since the factory o2'2 will be gone there will be no signal down the c16 wire so you could splice in. My tuner told me he has had issues with them being spliced even though the sensor were gone so thats why i just cut mine!
Hope that helps!
what he said
Old 08-18-2011, 12:23 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

you will never pass emisions with an aem ems
just get an illegal smog like everyone else

the ems does not use the factory o2 sensors. you can leave them there or take then out and plug the hole in the piping, it does not matter

i did not cut the wire on c16. i use spliced the while wire into the existing c16 factory wire and my wideband works fine.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by GoOn3
Originally Posted by spapdx' timestamp='1313686558' post='20890547

Here is what I have - (30-4100) http://www.aemelectr...-fuel-gauge-25/

Thank you in advance
Hope that helps!

Perfect. Thank you
Old 08-18-2011, 01:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey I was just looking at my saved bookmarks and I don't know if this helps you. I don't use AEM EMS, but check out the link:
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/175...tall-waem-ems/
The following users liked this post:
s2ktimmy (05-24-2023)
Old 08-18-2011, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by riceball777
you will never pass emisions with an aem ems

I know this, but I am trying to make it as easy as possible to swap back in my stock ecu, cat, & o2 sensors to pass when needed.
s2ktimmy (05-19-2023)
Old 10-04-2020, 12:47 AM

Received 209 Likes on 181 Posts

Bump!
I will be wiring my wideband AEM gauge into my AEM V2 ECU soon. I crimped a terminal onto the white wire from the gauge that will go to pin C16 so i don't have to cut the factory wire and solder the AEM wire into it. Will i be able to de-pin the factory wire at C16 and use my crimped AEM wire or will this actually be impossible to do without breaking the harness?

Old 10-13-2020, 06:24 AM

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts

You can de pin, and put the signal from wideband right into C16, that's actually the best way to do it
RolanTHUNDER (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 10:46 AM

Received 209 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by AP1Chief
You can de pin, and put the signal from wideband right into C16, that's actually the best way to do it
Glad to hear it
Hopefully I can depin it easily

Quick Reply: Wiring AEM wideband gauge into AEM ems series 2