S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Why shouldn't you supercharge the s2000 cr

Old 07-03-2013, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Special edition cars like the CR are always the ones that have the best potential to go classic, especially if left unmolested. Do what you want with your car, but you're only raising the value of the rest of them by making it harder to find one that is mint. I'd only ever buy a CR if I planned to leave it stock.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

why are some of you so worried about resale? enjoy driving it.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by killerbee_vr6
why are some of you so worried about resale? enjoy driving it.
"why are some of you worried about modding? enjoy driving it."

There's just something special to be said about having the last good example of something. My car is a stripped out race car that gets driven hard and beat up, just do what you want and stop searching for outside opinions on something like this. I hate people who seek validation through others, especially on the internet.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:48 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

you shouldnt because you'll be faster than everyone else.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Originally Posted by passmans2kny' timestamp='1372874514' post='22645660
i love the turbo s2000s arent usable comments i hear all the time, oh yea go drive one and tell me that
How many miles have you put on your S the past few years lol? The status updates have been nothing but you posting about what broke on your S2000. I'm sure the huge power is cool but I'd rather be able to put 20K miles a year on my supercharged S than 500 miles in between something breaking.
I wasnt refering to myself but more knocking the people who say turbos kill the way these cars drive and u cant take turns with high power ect..theres plenty of people running 350-500 hp turbo set ups for years with no issues
Old 07-03-2013, 11:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Lol at turbo comments. Some people prefer to be able to drive their car and use the power rather than brag huge numbers with no shot of traction and get back to a rebuild days later.

If you want to keep oem powerband but double the power sc is great! Basically as reliable and maintenance free as oem NA. Nothing to fiddle with or anything.

Blah blah. That's like when I talk to pilots at my former airline and they mention they don't want to fly a bigger airplane. It's bullshit, big airplanes are more fun and so are faster cars

On a serious note, if you want to road race the car I would go SOS supercharger but for ANYTHING else I would go turbo.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

1: CR's are ugly

2: Moddiction is half right, The SC cars seem to require less maintenance, but that comes from having less "extra" parts bolted to the car. Less heat, less tq to break things, less cars to race b/c they are slow ect ect

3: Not all Turbo cars break, and Matt isn't a good example as his car makes SERIOUS SERIOUS power, and is heavily modded. Look at someone like s2000442 who had a simple, well engineered Ptuning kit, he has PLENTY of trouble free miles on his car. Again, it all comes down to how you drive it.

Last but not least s2kreeper hit the nail on the head: "just do what you want and stop searching for outside opinions on something like this. I hate people who seek validation through others, especially on the internet. "
Old 07-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Ah ok yeah. They certainly change the way the car drives but I'm sure in a good way. I always love turbo powerbands. So many hate on the sc's on here but if you are wanting insanely reliable 400whp keeping the stock power delivery feel it is the way to go.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:59 PM

i just wanna add my car would not be down 1/10th of the time it has been down if I wasnt a nutcase and change my whole set up everytime something breaks
Old 07-03-2013, 01:11 PM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

I think the f/u question should be what are you planning to use the CR for ? If it's track I would remain N/A.