S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

who has S/C high boost 3" pulley without slip

Old 05-31-2017, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who has S/C high boost 3" pulley without slip

Hello
I have comptech S/C with SOS novi1200 upgraded with 3" pulley setup made 520whp 21 psi
I did dyno on march during that time weather wasn't hot so I hit 21 psi
I stored garage my s2k 3 month and now I'm trying to drive again but the belt slip at 12 psi
I open the hood, I found oil filter sandwich plate was oil leak bit so I clean It up oil filter area and I removed blower belt and clean it up with dish wash cleaner with toothbrush twice very well
now the no more oil on belt and both pulley.
the car made 18.x psi now the car doesn't feel drop boost while hit the peak boost or jerk or etc... feel smooth and good which seemed not slip however no more 21 psi

Does weather(little bit hot 77F~80F now compare dyno back in march cold weather) effect to boost even if using same pulley?

I'm using SOS 3" pulley with machined custom grooved like RR pulley with one step smaller belt for tight as hell lol.

any opinion if you have experience?
Old 06-01-2017, 08:18 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Moved to FI forum
Old 06-01-2017, 08:23 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Its possible you still might be getting slight slip at the very top end rpm. I found this to not be uncommon, so another snug on the belt usually did the trick. That being said, most definitely you will see a boost drop in the warmer months. I ran the 3.2" pulley making average 16.5-17psi in the summer months and 19psi in the winter. So a good 2- 2.5psi difference in a 40-50F swing.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:08 PM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

My belt is tight as hell, so that's how we fixed it. It sure did slip initially.

I don't continuesly track my boost, but I do watch my AFR. I'm looking at 11.9-12.2 AFR in the winter and its pig rich at 10.0 AFR in the summer, so the air density or lack thereof and PSI drop does a number on my tune for sure.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

You dont want to see that 10.0 anywhere anytime in your tune, thats dangerously rich, especially if your running even richer then 10. due to the gauge not reading bellow that. You dont want to fuel wash your pistons. Don't most run some measure of 02 feedback in their ems to keep the tune stable in changing ambient conditions?
Old 06-01-2017, 07:57 PM
EOE

I don't :/. I asked my tuner a few times and he said he doesn't trust it because if the wideband starts reading too rich due to failing sensor, E-Manage will keep cutting fuel then starve it and cause a lean condition. Static number seemed to appease him more than messing with wideband feedback.

Hell, idk Junky. I ask the same questions as you do, but I'm no pro, so I just listen to them. Trust me, I'd love for AFR that's consistent.

Moral of my sad story is, no one wants to touch my emanage setup with a 10-foot pole. I'll probably at some point go with Hondata or some. I need that OBD2 for emissions.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:14 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by EOE
I don't :/. I asked my tuner a few times and he said he doesn't trust it because if the wideband starts reading too rich due to failing sensor, E-Manage will keep cutting fuel then starve it and cause a lean condition. Static number seemed to appease him more than messing with wideband feedback.

Hell, idk Junky. I ask the same questions as you do, but I'm no pro, so I just listen to them. Trust me, I'd love for AFR that's consistent.

Moral of my sad story is, no one wants to touch my emanage setup with a 10-foot pole. I'll probably at some point go with Hondata or some. I need that OBD2 for emissions.
I understand the tuners reservation there, but in my experience your potentially doing just as much harm running it as is, and if thats how far its dipping every summer, thats not acceptable. The 02 sensor with a good tune(not a overly rich one fouling it out) is many 10 of thousands of miles. Ive put 5-6 years on my wideband sensors before I start seeing inconsistencies. So its a calculated risk in a way yes, but probably the more important thing is no matter which you decide to do, you need to regularly keep tabs on the afr to see discrepancies which it sounds like you are doing, and then be able to go into emange yourself and correct your fueling, being an Emanage user this is pretty fundamental, because so many tuners wont/dont support them. There is two ways to do this, either adjust each cell in your fuel table manually, or set the target afr you want to hit in your 02 feedback table and turn it on long enough for the ecu to tune itself and then turn it back off once you are happy with hitting near your target.11.8-12.2afr is great. As the season/temps change, you just do this a few times a year.

You cant run the car with the tune buried in 10.0afr, please address asap. Not sure how long its been this way, but you might want to dump the oil. Does it smell pretty fumey/gas odor and look dark?

Last edited by s2000Junky; 06-01-2017 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:40 PM
EOE

Yep, it does, because of that doing oil change this Saturday before heading to Montreal for the F1. Also changing thermostat and doing a coolant flush, as you recall I was overheating. I'm sending you a PM now.

Since I hijacked this thread, I'd like to get it BACK ON TOPIC

3" pulleys slip for sure. Just tighten the hell out of it, but then you'll feel bad for your SC bearings. The Good news is I've been okay for years and 10s of thousands of miles, but I can't promise everyone will be. My NOVI1000 is bulletproof... great, now that I said that, it'll blow tomorrow.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EOE
Yep, it does, because of that doing oil change this Saturday before heading to Montreal for the F1. Also changing thermostat and doing a coolant flush, as you recall I was overheating. I'm sending you a PM now.

Since I hijacked this thread, I'd like to get it BACK ON TOPIC

3" pulleys slip for sure. Just tighten the hell out of it, but then you'll feel bad for your SC bearings. The Good news is I've been okay for years and 10s of thousands of miles, but I can't promise everyone will be. My NOVI1000 is bulletproof... great, now that I said that, it'll blow tomorrow.
when i first dyno tune back in march, the belt was slip but i retight as hell it wasnt slip at all and boost run 21 psi
but now the boost doesnt hit 21 psi anymore, maybe still bit slip on top peak (18psi) or weather is little hot over the march
but today's here weather still around 80F not crazy hot
so im asking to people who run 3" pulley, how hot will drop the boost that i can much easy to find belt slip or weather problem
Old 06-04-2017, 03:49 PM

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts

You have to Log it and see if its belt slip, or just air density effecting your PSI.

Belt slip will go flat, Air density is just god playing with you LOL

That's why i love TURBOS!!!! lol

Quick Reply: who has S/C high boost 3" pulley without slip