S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

What SC buy? Kraftwerks or Hks GT ?

Old 02-02-2014, 02:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by leoxle
Originally Posted by kueda' timestamp='1391372612' post='22995421
SOS stage 2 is a popular kit because of it's wide range of pulley options. People are easily hitting 400 whp with the smaller pullies.

The Kraftwerks kit is still to new to tell what it's potential will be and if any pulley options will be available. It should have no problem hitting +375 whp.

HKS kit makes the lowest power, around 350 whp like you stated. No pulley options that I've heard of.
I dont mean to jack this thread, but for the people hitting 400whp with the SOS stage 2, I wonder how reliable it is. I've seen many that do, and it intrigues me cause my goal is to have a 400whp supercharged S, at the least while staying reliable. SOS states that they highly recommend E85 or race fuel for smaller pulleys, yet some people are running like 14 psi of boost on stock block, stock compression and pump gas.

To the OP, I do recommend the SOS supercharger kit if you want to boost right now, as it has good support and like the others said, many pulley options. If you can wait, it might interest you to wait and see how the kraftwerks turns out; what other people get with it, and if optional pulleys do come out. If so, the kraftwerks kit would be amazing.
Had my vortech 400 whp for more than 2 years now .
Old 02-02-2014, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leo520
Originally Posted by leoxle' timestamp='1391381633' post='22995618
[quote name='kueda' timestamp='1391372612' post='22995421']
SOS stage 2 is a popular kit because of it's wide range of pulley options. People are easily hitting 400 whp with the smaller pullies.

The Kraftwerks kit is still to new to tell what it's potential will be and if any pulley options will be available. It should have no problem hitting +375 whp.

HKS kit makes the lowest power, around 350 whp like you stated. No pulley options that I've heard of.
I dont mean to jack this thread, but for the people hitting 400whp with the SOS stage 2, I wonder how reliable it is. I've seen many that do, and it intrigues me cause my goal is to have a 400whp supercharged S, at the least while staying reliable. SOS states that they highly recommend E85 or race fuel for smaller pulleys, yet some people are running like 14 psi of boost on stock block, stock compression and pump gas.

To the OP, I do recommend the SOS supercharger kit if you want to boost right now, as it has good support and like the others said, many pulley options. If you can wait, it might interest you to wait and see how the kraftwerks turns out; what other people get with it, and if optional pulleys do come out. If so, the kraftwerks kit would be amazing.
[/quote]

Awesome, I hope to do that. Completely stock engine right? Did you run the V2 or V3 and how much boost?
Old 02-02-2014, 02:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

SOS here w/1200. Can't go wrong with it. If you need any support or help, there's a ton of us who can guide you along the way.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks leoxle for your extension answer !! i like very much kraftwerks new kit but i want to see more dynos and see how it goes this kit ! i CANT GO WRONG with my choise because im from argentina and buy a kit and ship to argentina its very very expensive!

SOS STAGE 2 its full bolt on ???? what i have to buy separately???? recomend to buy another pulley???? thanks a lot !!
Old 02-02-2014, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by leo520' timestamp='1391382646' post='22995637
[quote name='leoxle' timestamp='1391381633' post='22995618']

[/quote]

Awesome, I hope to do that. Completely stock engine right? Did you run the V2 or V3 and how much boost?
[/quote]

V3 big heat exchange ,10 psi.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nik2k
thanks leoxle for your extension answer !! i like very much kraftwerks new kit but i want to see more dynos and see how it goes this kit ! i CANT GO WRONG with my choise because im from argentina and buy a kit and ship to argentina its very very expensive!

SOS STAGE 2 its full bolt on ???? what i have to buy separately???? recomend to buy another pulley???? thanks a lot !!
You will need a engine management system, fuel injectors, fuel pump, and a new clutch. Did I miss anything else? Make sure you find yourself a good tuner.

Originally Posted by leoxle' timestamp='1391383152' post='22995647
[quote name='leo520' timestamp='1391382646' post='22995637']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh awesome, 10 psi. Going to assume you have a exhaust system and such, basic add ons lol. I would include vortech in my potential choices but their kits seem to be more expensive than like, SOS. So leaning towards them at the moment. Unless kraftwerks can release different pulleys and it gets good results.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

leoxle! i have hondata flash pro js racing header , inivida testpipe and invidia n1 single. fuel pump walbro 255. inyectors 1000cc and bc stage 2 cams.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nik2k' timestamp='1391384048' post='22995654

You will need a engine management system, fuel injectors, fuel pump, and a new clutch. Did I miss anything else? Make sure you find yourself a good tuner.

Originally Posted by leoxle' timestamp='1391383152' post='22995647
[quote name='leo520' timestamp='1391382646' post='22995637']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh awesome, 10 psi. Going to assume you have a exhaust system and such, basic add ons lol. I would include vortech in my potential choices but their kits seem to be more expensive than like, SOS. So leaning towards them at the moment. Unless kraftwerks can release different pulleys and it gets good results.
[/quote]

my 2007
comeplete stock OEM engine, including oem header.
exhaust ,test pipe.
3.8 MM ASP racing pulley
redline @ 8K , i can get more if i redline at 8300 ~ 8500 rpm, but i chose not lol
k-pro
that's it.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:19 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm only hitting a little above 8 psi with my sos stage 2 and close to 380whp. Running for 10 months now and 20k miles. No problems so far. See my sig for other mods.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

SOS with 1200 blower or the new Kraftwerks kit. Both can make some nice power!

Still waiting on kraftwerks to release pulley upgraded though. Said they would end of February but we will see.

As for reliability sc kits with a good custom tune and fuel upgraded are insanely reliable. 4-5 years I've been boosted at 406whp with a vortech v2 kit. 60k miles with zero issues
Only done regular maintenance to that car.

If you decide to go kraftwerks route let me know as I carry those and have them on sale.

They should give a little beefier midrange power. 1 person dynod at 417whp with the stock kit however I'd imagine it was a little high reading dyno but hopefully some others will start posting up dyno graphs.

Quick Reply: What SC buy? Kraftwerks or Hks GT ?