S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Vortech SC reinstall

Old 03-15-2018, 11:04 PM

Received 208 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
When you get the blower back from rebuild, sell the kit and pick up a old/new Comptech kit or SOS, non of which have you drill a new oil return in the pan and all use the same vortech/Novi blowers. Comptech/SOS kits are more refined in design. The bracket assy is better designed so you don't have to remove the blower to change out a belt, and for the stage 1 guys the current line of kits with the supplied piggy back and rrfpr is by far better with actual fuel, lowered vtec and map correction all in one and an actual external fuel pressure adjustment, not some internal puck you have to change out to hopefully get a ballpark fuel tune, and again no need to run a new oil return location. I don't know why the guys at vortech are so retarded.
Agreed. Retarded indeed! That bracket design should have been substantially better allowing super easy belt changes as well.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
. Self lubed unit eliminates the need for feed and return. Simple! Oh well... gotta take what you can get these days since boost is damn expensive...
But again, another great idea in theory, but in application has proved regularly to be a bad deal. Lots of people reporting early failures with the SL blowers. They simply don't seem to be able to hold up and its likely due to the small 3-4oz of oil they contain to lubricate the bearings, but there was really no other consensus among us. Even if they did work long term, your still subjected to have to buy their expensive oil for the life of ownership, and what happens if they stop producing it. I saw a wave of these kits on this forum when they first came out, and after about a year or two of people blowing the bearings and sending them off for rebuilds etc, we don't seem to hear about them anymore. Not even sure you can still buy a SL kit. May have been fazed out due to all the customer issues.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 03-16-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:39 PM

Received 208 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
But again, another great idea in theory, but in application has proved regularly to be a bad deal. Lots of people reporting early failures with the SL blowers. They simply don't seem to be able to hold up and its likely due to the small 3-4oz of oil they contain to lubricate the bearings, but there was really no other consensus among us. Even if they did work long term, your still subjected to have to buy their expensive oil for the life of ownership, and what happens if they stop producing it. I saw a wave of these kits on this forum when they first came out, and after about a year or two of people blowing the bearings and sending them off for rebuilds etc, we don't seem to hear about them anymore. Not even sure you can still buy a SL kit. May have been fazed out due to all the customer issues.
Thanks for helping me see the flip side as usual Junky
Rather stick with the good 'ol feed and return supplying the blower with enough filtered oil. Come to think of it, you're right - I've never seen people talking about them on this site. I never searched for V3 in particular but still, hardly heard of anyone running them.