S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Unofficial GT3076R Greddy Turbo Kit Upgrade

Old 06-16-2009, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chad86,Jun 16 2009, 12:29 PM
Hahah. Don't forget 1st dibs...
Already called it!!
He'll have to let everyone know who was first when he actually sells it.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:53 PM

Thanks that would be great to see some pics to get some ideas.

dsddcd, that DP looks like an external wastegate DP. I still have an internal WG. I'm thinking I may have to have the DP pipe flare out where it connects to the flange. Check out the pic below, something like that.

BTW sorry if this is a bit off topic.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:19 PM

That DP will not work, it just a reg external WG Dp, mine is built like the greddy one just much bigger 3" and instead of going in at a 90 it kinda blends into to improve flow.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:46 PM

The one I posted is actually a silvia sr20 internally wastegated DP. The sr20 has a similar flange to the greddy turbo. I'm pretty sure something similar will work.

I had a rx7 turbo internal WG & my aftermarket DP was also similar. You don't need 2 seperate pipes it just helps keep down turbulence when the WG dumps. But the greddy being undivided I don't see how it's very functional to have 2 seperate pipes unless you insert a divider on the flange helping to direct the gases to the correct pipes.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can get the belmouth flange from ATP and then weld the remaining piping at the same angles as the IP pipe I posted.

Here is a link to the Vband version, but there are many others.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant...tegory_Code=BCS

The Nissan pipe will not fit
Old 06-16-2009, 08:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Revenge, what setup are u going with next?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:08 PM

Ive got my car in to make the downpipe like the pic that Edomund posted. Bellmouth 3" . Ill have the car back tomorrow and will let you know how it goes. Wont be going on a dyno for another week but will let you guys know I how do when the time comes.

Good simple read on exhaust design

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3222
Old 06-17-2009, 09:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

s2kadl, post pics of your custom downpipe, sounds interesting.
Good link of the Cobb site - that's a typical Subaru exhaust. I learned what I know about turbos from working on my Subaru STI

the ATP v-band flange dsddcd posted above looks like a great option you could probably use this 90* v-banded bend

Also, if you have access to a good welding shop, you can have them make a custom dpipe:

Stainless Stee Discharge Flange, CNC machined, for GT25R/GT28R/28RS and GT3071RWG WIDE VERSION $45

3" Round to Oval Transition, stainless, GT28/GT30RWG flange $18

You'll need, of course, a couple of 90* 3" bends and a flange to connect to the cat or TP.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:36 AM

s2kadl, could you post pics of your DP when you get it back?

EngineerX, I have access to a great fabricator & the parts you posted are exactly what I was looking for to make my custom downpipe work.
With those parts I can fab a DP that's close to the nissan one I posted.
Thanks.

BTW will this flange work with the greddy turbo? It's the one they recommended for their oval to round transition. It's a bit cheaper than the one you posted.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant...tegory_Code=BCS
Old 06-17-2009, 06:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check this out... A little pricey @ $115 but if you add flange+transition+90* bend
45+18+36 = 99 + welding then $115 starts to look better. You would have to cut the flange and weld another bend + straight to make a dpipe out of it
70MM TURBINE OUTLET ELBOW FOR STOCK TURBO OR STOCK REPLACEMENT TURBO, ALSO FITS TRUST T517Z/T518Z TURBOS
http://www.optionimports.com/merasto2hosr.html

More pics here http://www.frsport.com/Megan-Racing-KYO-SR...bow_p_1254.html

It shouldn't be that difficult for any decent fabricator to weld the flange/bellmouth transition/3" bend to make a dpipe

that other flange is cheaper bcause it's regular steel. The one I posted is stainless. If you can spare a few more bucks... stainless is so much nicer as it won't get rusty nasty.

It does look like it would work. It's listed to fit GT25 bolt pattern. By looking at pic you can see the holes match the GT3071R bolt pattern. But I don't particularly like all those extra bolt locations. I would call ATP and see if they can confirm fitment, but they don't have the most knowledgeable salespersons there.

Left is the stainless flange I suggested. Center are the dimensions of the GT30 turbo flange and on the right the flange you asked about

Garrett dimensions here http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...82_3_20_new.pdf[I]

Quick Reply: The Unofficial GT3076R Greddy Turbo Kit Upgrade