S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:13 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by punkelvin,Feb 1 2010, 06:33 AM
very very nice write up!! that made me bought this kit in less than a month. i bought the AP2 kit for my AP1 however....

now ran into some problem...

1. i m still a little confuse on converting the PNP harness. do i just need to cut the green/gray wire? what do i have to do with the grey wire?

2. i already have a nice member here sent me the AP1 base map, however i do not know how to load it into the emanagement. i plugged in the printer USB. the computer asked me to put in the CD, which i dont have. i've tried to look for the software on the internet but no luck. now have to give up in 5am.

is that all i have to modify to run my AP1? is it safe to start it up and drive with the AP2 map? what else do i need to know!?!

ALSO: while i was doing the install, i found the the MAP adapator or relocation, the one that u replace the OEM MAP sensor, the hole is extremely small comparing to the OEM MAP sensor nipple. is that right?

i really hope that i can make it run by tmr. thanks for the help and i love this thread.

KELvin
1. just think about it this way, make the ap2 diagram look like the ap1 diagram so you can use it on your ap1. so that means, cut the wire shown (then tape up the ends or do whatever to secure the ends and make sure they aren't bare wire). then wire up the TPS wire.

2. you need the emanage ultimate software to be able to load the basemap. greddy can send you the software.

3. starting the car up on the ap2 basemap will be fine, but driving is a different story. partial throttle and top end will suck badly among other things.

4. the extremely small hole is fine, don't worry about it. it's the reason why you are still able to use the stock map sensor and don't have to upgrade to a different unit.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a few questions regarding this kit. I know that a bov is not required on the greddy kit but would it provide some kind of performance gain going with one?

Also, excuse my ignorance but I see alot of you guys talking about using 70mm piping and a cat. Coming from my past experience (ex 08 sti owner), would you not want a 3" turboback? Cats just restrict airflow so why would you want one?

Also, I read the OP's first post and it seems this kit has a vtec dip issue and boost creep at higher boost. Could you not just weld a tial 38 flange onto the manifold and eliminate the iwg and just run like a 7lb spring? I mean theres no way a turbo that small should creep on a 38, and it should help it hit boost quicker and harder if I'm not mistaken, then again I'm taking all this knowledge off from what I know about Subaru's. Figured turbo basics are all the same.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:49 PM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

the turbo is very small and with too much free flowing exhaust it can cause the boost to spike. thats not good. My turbo wastegate was ported so i've been told by the last owner it will help with the spike. I hope b/c i have a 70mm single and a tp
Old 02-01-2010, 05:53 PM

[QUOTE=Suzuka_Joe,Feb 1 2010, 10:49 PM] the turbo is very small and with too much free flowing exhaust it can cause the boost to spike.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suzuka_Joe,Feb 1 2010, 06:49 PM
the turbo is very small and with too much free flowing exhaust it can cause the boost to spike. thats not good. My turbo wastegate was ported so i've been told by the last owner it will help with the spike. I hope b/c i have a 70mm single and a tp
look up the boost control + emu thread i made. It will control your spike issues.

I have an the boost solenoid and pig tail for sale if you want it.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:47 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by nismo4life,Feb 1 2010, 07:53 PM
Makes perfect sense, but an external gate should solve that...so why don't people just get a flange welded to the log manifold like people do on DSM's?!

Also, why is this kit persay bad for time attacks or road racing? I read somewhere on here its because of high temps but wouldn't any turbo kit in sense have high oil temps?! Would this be solved by running an oil cooler?!
sure you could do an external wastegate. look up pics of the BC/Cwest time attack car, in the first iteration of the kit, they basically did a stock greddy kit w/ external wastegate welded onto the kit manifold.

i think average consumers don't do it b/c of the extra cost. might as well buy a different kit that is capable of much more power.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:52 PM

thank you chris. im in the process of inputting the AP1 map into the emanagement. having a hard time to do it.

1. i got the software 2.00_1.00_full zip file and ran the install on my window XP(according to the link provided on page 16). how do i pull out the AP2 map and replace with AP1 map?

2. do i turn to key on when connected to the PC? or just ACC?

thanks for the help. really hope that i can get my s2k on the ground by tmr. since auto cross day is on the coming sunday.

KELvin
Old 02-01-2010, 07:55 PM

also i forgot to mention, when i was installing the software on my PC, they asked for serial number, i put in the 5 digit on the smalll sticker behind the emanagement, is that right?

also when i turn on the emanagement file on my PC, they asked for a password, seems like a 4 digit password. what do i have to do with it?

thanks again chris..

KELvin
Old 02-01-2010, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turn the key all the way.

Your pc will notify you that the EMU is now connected and would like to run in "live" mode.

Just upload the AP1 map, and the older map will be deleted.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:29 PM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by jari8378,Feb 1 2010, 08:39 PM
look up the boost control + emu thread i made. It will control your spike issues.

I have an the boost solenoid and pig tail for sale if you want it.
i'm using Aem Ems and a solenoid for that. Boost shouldn't spike. my boost cut is set at 11 and i'm running 9lbs

Quick Reply: The Ultimate GReddy Turbo Kit Thread